Granite Motor and ESC upgrades Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noemoore

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I'm new here and new to the world of RC. I'm looking for a brushless upgrade for my son's Granite 550 Mega, it's a great first basher to get him to understand and control the speed, but the need to go faster and more powerful is there. Are there any suggestions, I've tried looking around but I'm not sure about the battery pairing that goes with the ESC. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks!!

Hobbywing max10sct combo is well tried and tested, better with the lower kv rated motors for the granite and its big wheels. If you have a v2, there are a bunch of other upgrades to consider, most particulary hd diff input shafts and the 57t slipper assembly.

Otherwise, any esc and motor capable of 3s (or 4s if you want to get really tasty). don't go wider than 40mm for the motor on the 3s line.

In terms of batteries, i reckon 5000mah or higher for decent run times and at least a 35c rating to ensure the battery can comfortable cover 100-150amps which this set up will need (range indicative, you will need to do the maths once you choose esc and motor).

What version of the Granite Mega do you have? The V3 or prior version? The V3's are easier to upgrade while the versions before will need more bits and pieces (inputs, ring gear) to be upgraded for durability.

If you have a V2, the cheapest way to upgrade to brushless is probably to buy everything needed (ESC + motor + diffs and input gear + slipper assembly) at Jenny's RC.

If you have the budget, you could consider buying a complete new V3 and transplant the needed parts in the Mega. That's what I did. More expensive at first, but you are left with loads of spare parts you will be happy to have when you need them.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback, I have the V2 and I definitely want durability, I've already had to replace the steering servo after only a few days of owning the car, that was a bit of a task. Budget isn't really a big factor realistically my plan is not to pay for one upgrade that exceeds the cost of the car haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back