Typhon motor and tires failures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrixx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
i run the arrma few times, the stock tires didnt last, at the first run they ripped. are there any tires out there for 1/8 buggy that can handle 6s power without tear to pieces? or 6s is too much and i need to do the tape methood or buy monster truck tires? any of you guys run proline badlands or other buggy at 6s 16pinion at bashing without tear them? its ridicilous to spend 60$ on tires every time.

second issue, run her today car stopped working, i smell something was burnt. checked main diff, was ok,
motor was real smelly, opened the shaft cap, entire bearing was don't with little black things that smell bad, and i cannot spin the shaft, well engine is done, should i claim warranty or after i opened and inspect it warranty lost for engine, if so i will buy posidon or better engine.

little dissapointed until now, car is strong fast as hell but problems with engine and tires, i feel 4s is little lack of power, hope there are tires that can handle the job otherwise this hobby is little boring.

hope for suggestions.

i run the arrma few times, the stock tires didnt last, at the first run they ripped. are there any tires out there for 1/8 buggy that can handle 6s power without tear to pieces? or 6s is too much and i need to do the tape methood or buy monster truck tires? any of you guys run proline badlands or other buggy at 6s 16pinion at bashing without tear them? its ridicilous to spend 60$ on tires every time.

second issue, run her today car stopped working, i smell something was burnt. checked main diff, was ok,
motor was real smelly, opened the shaft cap, entire bearing was don't with little black things that smell bad, and i cannot spin the shaft, well engine is done, should i claim warranty or after i opened and inspect it warranty lost for engine, if so i will buy posidon or better engine.

little dissapointed until now, car is strong fast as hell but problems with engine and tires, i feel 4s is little lack of power, hope there are tires that can handle the job otherwise this hobby is little boring.

hope for suggestions.
That sucks. I run 2 Typhons v2 both with stock electronics still running strong. I only run 6s with 18 and 20 tooth pinions. Stock tires got put on 1/10 scale rig. Send motor back if it's blown. Arrma will replace it. I bash mine hard with Duratrax Banditos in street and Lockups in dirt. Have had to reglue one dirt tire otherwise working fine. Sorry to hear of your troubles. PS look for belted road tires if you're going to run over 60-70mph geared up, safer and less frustrations.

Just ordered mine - will use duratrax lock ups I had for my Senton BLX...Im buying this buggy for one purpose - JUMPING HIGH. No speed records although I do have a set of the Traxxas XO wheels that handle 1000MPH speeds ..... I hear buggy are the best in the air....I jump my Nero and Kraton and Outcast and fazon so Im curious about a buggy....

Just ordered mine - will use duratrax lock ups I had for my Senton BLX...Im buying this buggy for one purpose - JUMPING HIGH. No speed records although I do have a set of the Traxxas XO wheels that handle 1000MPH speeds ..... I hear buggy are the best in the air....I jump my Nero and Kraton and Outcast and fazon so Im curious about a buggy....
You can absolutely sky the buggy's, just try to land on all 4s.....Lol.
IMG_20161113_161632877.jpg

I run the off brand Badlands from eBay and have been happy. They are under $20 for a set of 4 (Plus I got lucky and they sent two sets, 8 tires, on accident for the price of 4 of them). They hold up just as good as regular badlands from my experience. But one trick is to STOP as soon as a tire comes unglued even a tiny bit, and reglue it. You should also check them thoroughly every few runs and touch up any spots you see that are beginning to come unglued. Doing these things will make tires hold up much better. And don't expect MT tires to hold up any better than buggy tires if you're not doing these things with them either. Also, I only run on 6s.

For the motor problems, you should invest in a temp gun. Every motor will have problems if you don't watch temps until you get your gearing right for the terrain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back