Fireteam Motor automatically restarted now no stearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphoonS3

Reaction score
Hello everyone I started my 6S fireteam and let it sit for about 10 minutes running add an idle I guess you could say. The next thing you know I hear it restarting playing the restart noise it did it two to three times. I turned it off and back on and now I have no steering just throttle forward and reverse. But even throttle was acting hesitant as if the receiver and the transmitter are not communicating properly. What's weird is I just had this happen to my 3s typhoon. I'm sure magically the servo goes out at a certain hour of runtime. I changed the batteries still no help both batteries are charged. Any information or advice would be helpful thank you for your time.

Screenshot_20221108-233551.png

Screenshot_20221108-233554.png

Screenshot_20221108-233559.png

try unplugging the servo and see if your throttle starts acting right. Stock server might have crapped out on you and sometimes when they go they can cause all type of stuff to happen like no throttle etc.

Do you know what receiver you have? I had one of the spektrum receivers that had a gyro in it mounted on its side and that gave me problems similar to what you are experiencing right now.

try unplugging the servo and see if your throttle starts acting right. Stock server might have crapped out on you and sometimes when they go they can cause all type of stuff to happen like no throttle etc.
Absolutely. Bad servos create all kinds of weird, random problems with the ESC. Grab a decent servo and replace that thing.

Your issue is most likely caused by a bad servo. A bad servo can cause an ESC to restart, or it can damage the receiver. I once had a bad shift servo take out a third channel on my receiver: the only way I found that out was after replacing the servo I still had nothing on that channel. When I moved the servo to another empty channel, it worked.

I had this same issue on my TLR using a Firma 150A. I had no idea what it was never posted to ask. I swapped to an HW ESC but at the same time changed the servo.... could have been the servo the entire time :unsure:

The crappy Firma RTR servos are known to take out the crappy Firma ESC's. Many will warranty just the servo without confirming a bad ESC as well. Then they get the same stocker replacement Servo from HH only to find that the ESC is also bricked. Then they get another warranteed ESC. Then that second stocker Spektrum servo also fries and takes out the ESC again. A vicious cycle all over again. :rolleyes:
Get rid of the stocker servo in the first place!(y) Warranty the the ESC if it is also bricked. And use it only with an upgrade servo. I use DS3235's 35kg servos .(AMZ) But they are 25 spline like all upgrade servos. So you will also need the proper 25 spline servo Arm/Horn.
The Firma ESC may have better luck lasting longer, IF you got a "Good" one and using a better servo. Doesn't even have to be an expensive one. Jusy stay away from the Spektrum servos. Even the supposedly better upgrade Splektrum servos are Overpriced IMHO.
Food for thought.:cool:

Okay unplug the servo the throttle seemed fine I thought the servo back in and almost seems like a throttles way more touchy like it's giving it way too much juice.
The crappy Firma RTR servos are known to take out the crappy Firma ESC's. Many will warranty just the servo without confirming a bad ESC as well. Then they get the same stocker replacement Servo from HH only to find that the ESC is also bricked. Then they get another warranteed ESC. Then that second stocker Spektrum servo also fries and takes out the ESC again. A vicious cycle all over again. :rolleyes:
Get rid of the stocker servo in the first place!(y) Warranty the the ESC if it is also bricked. And use it only with an upgrade servo. I use DS3235's 35kg servos .(AMZ) But they are 25 spline like all upgrade servos. So you will also need the proper 25 spline servo Arm/Horn.
The Firma ESC may have better luck lasting longer, IF you got a "Good" one and using a better servo. Doesn't even have to be an expensive one. Jusy stay away from the Spektrum servos. Even the supposedly better upgrade Splektrum servos are Overpriced IMHO.
By far the best information I received yet makes the most sense and I knew you could probably guess about specific hours before these service take a s*** it's almost like their program that way which they are.
And I know that but your information was perfect I appreciate that man thank you so much.
I replaced the servo but definitely not with the stock one I will check out your recommendation thanks again.
So this server will fit the fire team success correct? I already have it in my car and Amazon 30 bucks.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back