Granite Motor bearing replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nbuck412

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys want to replace the motor bearings in my granite. What’s the best route to take? Ceramic? Rubber sealed? Metal shielded? Benefits of each? And what size are they? TIA

Hey guys want to replace the motor bearings in my granite. What’s the best route to take? Ceramic? Rubber sealed? Metal shielded? Benefits of each? And what size are they? TIA
Best you can afford. They get expensive quickly. $10 each for good ones or more.

Best you can afford. They get expensive quickly. $10 each for good ones or more.
I’ll buy whatever is going to be the best for the motor. Do you know the size? I didn’t know if rubber sealed would melt in the motor housing. Also is ceramic the best route to take?

I'm gearing up to replace mine. Personally I think ceramic and greased (as opposed to oiled) are a better choice and certainly rubber sealed at the pinion end. I'm likely going to buy the Boca SMR695C-2OS #7 NB2 (5x13x4) and SMR625C-2OS #7 NB2 (5x16x5). Depending on the motor you may need two of the smaller ones or one of each.

Last edited:
I have had my granite for almost 2 years now and so far I haven't had any problems with the motor bearings ... I didn't even know that you can change the bearings ? if there is no problem, I leave them and don't change or would it be advisable to replace them? tnx

I wonder if anyone has replaced the bearings in one of the newer motors with the 5x16x5 bearing? I'm not sure what the rotor diameter is, but can the larger bearing actually be removed or is there not enough space to get it out? I'm sure the bearing is fitted before the coils are inserted during manufacture.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back