Typhon motor bearing went, what would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@PPS-RC which unit do I need to run the 4985SL-1650KV? There’s a couple options on your site...

I honestly do not know the spacing for most motors. But it does boil down to 2 sizes 99.995% of the time. 25mm, or 30mm. The factory screw spacing is 25mm.

It boils down to this, Would that motor bolt to the stock mount? If YES, you need the 25mm. If NO, you need the 30mm.

The 30mm is usually used on motors over 50mm in diameter.

I honestly do not know the spacing for most motors. But it does boil down to 2 sizes 99.995% of the time. 25mm, or 30mm. The factory screw spacing is 25mm.

It boils down to this, Would that motor bolt to the stock mount? If YES, you need the 25mm. If NO, you need the 30mm.

The 30mm is usually used on motors over 50mm in diameter.

does this help?
  • Motor Diamter: 49mm
  • Motor Length: 86.5mm
  • Shaft Diameter: 5.0mm
  • Shaft Length: 21.5mm

Slick has it:
For the 4985
Stock V3 motor mount will not work, needs spacers/washers under motor mount.
HR motor mount is same as V3, same issue, needs spacers underneath.
In both cases it's a height issue.
Stock V4 works and PPS is comparable to V4 stock. This is Kraton 6S V4 but Typhon is identical.

M2C works fine with the 4985, that's what I use, also. But the bearings are like 4 bucks...

Slick has it:
For the 4985
Stock V4 works and PPS is comparable to V4 stock. This is Kraton 6S V4 but Typhon is identical.

great! I’m going to put this in my Kraton V4 and swap the stock motor to my Typhon!

Slick has it:
For the 4985

I can't get the front bearing out, because it disintegrated and only the race is left. There's no way to get a bite on it. I am considering drilling a couple small holes in the cover to try to punch it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back