Motor bearings??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright gents, I got the motor out last night, and everything was ship shape. Hardly any contamination, and just a single drop of oil on each bearing before reassembling. I tried to remove them, but gave up because it seemed more difficult then it was worth. Even the one on the pinion shaft side didn't want to budge, and I wasn't in the mood to start pounding a good bearing. The hole in the back of the motor seems like the only way that one will come out, and the front one will have to be punched out once it's pooched. Wish I could have been of more help, but I just couldn't risk damaging good bearings. I used a little electrical parts cleaning spray to clean a some dirt that had accumulated on the rotor and magnets.
20190326_224635.jpg
20190326_224805.jpg

I got ceramic replacements but gave up as well. Now I'm fighting the diffs over shims.:rolleyes:

Wow. Mine was far from being that clean.
Do you run in dirt at all? do you do anything special to seal the motor?
If your talking about mine, I run it through snow, slush, water, dirt and mud. What really helps is the panty hose custom cover I made.

Attachments

• 20181223_133518.jpg
    20181223_133518.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 78
I ordered the wrong bearings for my Granite Mega 4x4. Amain sent me the 2wd bearings instead. Can I still use these bearings and what bearings am I missing with these?

I watched a YouTube channel called AVE. He showed a trick to get bearings out of blind holes. You'd have to see the vid, but he greased fine strips of cotton and stuffed them in the centre of the bearing, then used a close fitting punch to drive it down in the bearing center. The cotton squeezes under the back of the bearing and forces it up out of the blind hole.

That channel is fiddlesticking great. Keep your peepee in a vise.
fiddlesticking moderation. ?
?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.