Kraton Motor bogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis.W

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I have a newly built Kraton, built from new parts so all diffs are new and new built and carefully shimed inside and on the crowngear side inside diff house.

But i have this weird problem when it sometimes hesitates when punching full throttle, best way to describe it would be as you had 1 or 2 missing teeth on the crowngear, it looses allmost all power for a split second.

But as i wrote everything drivetrainwise is in perfect working order, i did also check the diffs.

Tried turning down punch from 9 to 6 today but its still there.

Anyone has an idea on this problem?

Thought i maybe would try to swap ESC from my Outcast trying to narrow it down.

Are you hearing noise when it hesitates? Reason I ask a couple reasons can cause that. To include drivetrain problems, receiver and radio issues.

Heres a couple of videos(Driving with one hand and filming with the other and keeping track of my doughter), im 99,999% sure its not the drivetrain even though it REALLY sounds and appers so. Ive had broken crown gears before and have also checked the diffs.
This is the second battery going thrue it since brand new.

Here the second pull on the trigger

And here just as im going out of the ditch

Oh that's definitely the diff sound. Have you checked the pinion in the housings?

It sure does! Yes checked the crown gear and pinion rear, didnt take the front diff out, only checked the crown gear front and no signs at all of any problem. But i guess i could check the pinion front also.

But it looses almost all power, and irl it doesn't have that distinct cracking noise as if it was slipping on the teeth.

Also to make this even more weird, i gave it full throttle many times on the second set of full batteries on tarmac without this problem.
It started a few minutes in on the pack, same thing the first battery.

Super strange!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM 😂, I guess it is time to change the esc, even if I run the motor unattached to the car it still does the same thing, I use a xerun 4274sd system, no diff problem, nodrivetrain problem, pure esc and motor system bogging 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back