Kraton Motor combination for use with Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help guys appreciate it. I don't think I ever would have figured that logic out to get it to work. Definitely has been one big learning experience, my knowledge base has gone far up.
It took me DAYS to figure it out. Glad I could save you some time. 🤘🏻

It took me DAYS to figure it out. Glad I could save you some time. 🤘🏻
Yeah literally I would have never figured it out and would have just accepted it since I don't know what I don't know. I would have thought it was just the way it was. So I am grateful you bailed me out buddy cause holy hell the thing is a rocket now and just flies and has the giddyup in it where before I thought it was good but just being green still to the hobby. Yeah totally am like holy heck ya.

Not sure you would want the 21 pinion. I'm running a 19 or 20 pinion (can't remenber) and I can barely hit full throttle. Theres just not enough space when I drive and if I am able to go full throttle the car just flies. Tires balloon and it looks like the car is a few inches off the ground. I find 85% of my driving is 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. I might go down to an 18 pinion. I am also going through diffs. I just replaced my front (from Jennys RC) and now my rear is making noise which was also purchased from jennys last month.

I'm running the same motor/esc combo as you are except my batteries are power hobby 6500mah 100C with a 200C burst

@Fatal the only reason I was trying 21T because my 20T was stuck on the motor shaft of the castle 1717 that I sent off to have Castle just remove and replace the top cap and motor.

But I totally get you i am in 19T right now.

I run mine wide open on 20/46 gear with a max6 combo and havnt had any issues after shimming externally and internally.Only issue i had was with center diff due to rocks.
I've shimmed externally but not internally.
@Fatal the only reason I was trying 21T because my 20T was stuck on the motor shaft of the castle 1717 that I sent off to have Castle just remove and replace the top cap and motor.

But I totally get you i am in 19T right now.
Pinions aren't expensive so I purchased a few different sizes. The speed these cars can go is intoxicating. At first I thought I wanted even more power/speed but then after breaking parts and losing control and watching the car do cartwheels for ever as the wing mounts break and arms take a beating, I drive a bit slower now. I find it to be more fun being able to control the car and have it do almost everything I want it to do.

I even installed a bigger fan on the motor with it's own battery. But I really think i'm going to go down to an 18T pinion and smaller fan. At the rate i was first driving my car I was going to have to M2C everything. I'm currently getting ready to purchase an Xmaxx so i want to stop breaking things on my EXB

Last edited:
I sometimes use a larger pinion than I can use wide open for purposes other than top end speed. With a bigger pinion you can get more air control when jumping. If you want to be able to do more stunts or flips, that wheel speed in the air is very helpful.

I think you should be good to to go but i don't know much about castle
Yeah I assumed I would be good cause nothing else really changed other than the motor but things doesn't make sense so figured I would ask. I guess I will find out once I get it back.

Only reason why you’ll need to change anything is if you are currently running the motor out of phase, meaning not A to A, B to B, C to C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back