Granite Motor cover for Granite Voltage 2WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WRayX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Are there motor covers that I can put on to protect the exposed wires? As you can see, the red wire broke away from the motor connector. I can soldier it back probably, but why the design exposed the wires like that?

r1mqbcT.png

Are there motor covers that I can put on to protect the exposed wires? As you can see, the red wire broke away from the motor connector. I can soldier it back probably, but why the design exposed the wires like that?

r1mqbcT.png
Move the black cylindrical things between the ESC and chassis clips to fix the problem. The weight of them will no longer pull on the solder joint on every landing.

Agreed with WRayX above. The magnets are so heavy that they push down hard on the wires when landing jumps. I broke the two wires like that. I secured the wires together using zip tie, basically preventing the wires to dangle loosely. No slack, no break.

Magnets? What are those for please tell?
“Magnet” isn’t quite accurate. Brushed motors can create electrical noise that interferes with your electrical components or RF communication. Ferrite beads filter out some of that noise.

So here's how I "fixed" it. I soldered the red wire back but it's not pretty, almost 6 times bigger than the original solder.
Then I reallocated the "magnets" to the upper section of the wires and garden tied them together to prevent sagging.
I also tuck in the wires so they are not exposed too much to catch branches.
Hope it'll last this time. :)

IMG_20210424_110728.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back