Kraton Motor EAC Combo Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’ll run laps around that spektrum max6 looking thing :)

And will eat a max5 for lunch and dinner.

What part is just below???
From their website: "Paired with our Castle 2028 800kv motor this is the perfect upgrade for 1:5 scale RC hobby vehicles (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD."

I agree with you that the specs are great, but their website leads one to believe it might not.. lol

That's what I'm saying. That castle setup is a monster... good luck finding one.
I wonder if you put a massive gear on the motor, zip tie your hand to it extra tight, and give if full gas if it’ll break your wrist? Personally I bet it would... tons of torque
From their website: "Paired with our Castle 2028 800kv motor this is the perfect upgrade for 1:5 scale RC hobby vehicles (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD."

I agree with you that the specs are great, but their website leads one to believe it might not.. lol
Absolutely, and the kraton is 6th scale so this system will throw it around like it’s a mini revo lol.

Gotta remember. 30 lbs was unheard of till recently. They haven't updated the site in a very long time. It will be perfect.

I wonder if you put a massive gear on the motor, zip tie your hand to it extra tight, and give if full gas if it’ll break your wrist? Personally I bet it would... tons of torque

Absolutely, and the kraton is 6th scale so this system will throw it around like it’s a mini revo lol.
Ha! That sounds like a good time.

So with all of this discussion, next question: what will this setup break on the truck? The center diff will probably be fine...

So with all of this discussion, next question: what will this setup break on the truck? The center diff will probably be fine...
The drivetrain seems more than adequate for the truck’s size... I like how they shoehorned 5th scale MT sized diffs into a smaller 6th scale MT. I don’t own one though but just going from peoples experiences... nothing..

I found a few xlx’s for sale all over the internet but no 2028’s... you can always buy an XLX and run it with another motor... really any 56 sized motor will be fine (5690 to 56115)

Speaking of 56xx motors, hobbywing released some and they seem to be very quality units!

I found a few xlx’s for sale all over the internet but no 2028’s... you can always buy an XLX and run it with another motor... really any 56 sized motor will be fine (5690 to 56115)

Speaking of 56xx motors, hobbywing released some and they seem to be very quality units!
I actually may go that route. HW gets such mixed reviews and I've never had any first-hand experience with them. It might be time to give them a shot.

I actually may go that route. HW gets such mixed reviews and I've never had any first-hand experience with them. It might be time to give them a shot.
I’ve used a max8 and their 2200. Was a fine setup, but from the YouTube videos it seems they’re making their 5th scale motors with some serious quality... check the videos out on YouTube!

I tried the K8S with the 2028, Dynamite 56114 800kv, 5687 750kv, 5687 1200kv, & HW 56113 800kv, 5687 1100kv. Nothing beats the 2028. No problems with the largest pinion I could find, a 52t, & is awesome on a 45t & 41t. Those speeds might be too much for most to handle since the torque is several times more than the stock system. All the other motors had trouble with anything over a 34t. But the 2028 is a hungry beast so be prepared to have even the largest batteries drained in minutes. But I can get a respectable 15 mins out of 2 6500mah 60c 4s packs with a max5 & a 45t pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back