Typhon Motor/ESC upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elhish

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Just ordered M2c chassis/towers and some other goodies for my V4 Typhon 6s. Do I need to upgrade my motor/esc or original will do with these mods? Advice needed.

Your question is kind of vague. Do you want to upgrade your motor and esc? Or are you asking if your going to have to. I'm assuming based on added weight?
yeah, do I have to with the weight added?

Just ordered M2c chassis/towers and some other goodies for my V4 Typhon 6s. Do I need to upgrade my motor/esc or original will do with these mods? Advice needed.
Stock electronics will work well for general bashing. I'd try to pick up some fans for the motor and possibly even a better one for the esc, especially if you plan to use a bigger pinion than the one that's on it now. There's some added weight with your upgrades, but the stock combo is still very strong. Why change it if it isn't broken. Future buy, maybe a 4092 can at 1650 to 1900 kv and a Max 6 esc or comparable from a different brand.

Not sure what pinion gear u r running but a 18-20t an powerhobby twin turbo heatsink & fans,an this 35mm blx185 esc fan and you won't be able to keep tires on it on 6s..20t will wake a stock blx185 up big time.heres one of there hs.

16077786257735741275121570831042.jpg

No you don't have to upgrade or change ESC or motor you will be just fine. Have to remember this same combo is used on the Kraton as well which can get a bit heavy with a few upgrades and the combo does just fine.

Stock electronics will work well for general bashing. I'd try to pick up some fans for the motor and possibly even a better one for the esc, especially if you plan to use a bigger pinion than the one that's on it now. There's some added weight with your upgrades, but the stock combo is still very strong. Why change it if it isn't broken. Future buy, maybe a 4092 can at 1650 to 1900 kv and a Max 6 esc or comparable from a different brand.
Is there enough room to add a fan/heat sink to the motor? (body height is limited)

Is there enough room to add a fan/heat sink to the motor? (body height is

Is there enough room to add a fan/heat sink to the motor? (body height is limited)
I have two 30 x 30 fans mounted on some cheap heat sinks and they fit under snug. You could also angle them slightly to the outside as there's plenty of room before you get near the body. Some speed runners mount them facing straight out to the side for better air intake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back