Notorious Motor / esc upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick-108

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hello, been reading old posts, what is considered to be _the_ motor upgrade for Notorious/kraton 6s blx, if I want to stay on 6s. Thanks

Also if you want to add info about common/proven gearing, thanks a lot

another vote for the max 6 combo. It's a lot more power though, better buy some tire glue and get used to checking them after every run. :LOL:

From what I read from old threads, gearing is 16-20 pinion to 50 spur?

haven't found what fans to buy, any proven fans is easy to fit?

From what I read from old threads, gearing is 16-20 pinion to 50 spur?

haven't found what fans to buy, any proven fans is easy to fit?

Really depends on ambient temps and driving style tbh. I run 24/50 in a kraton with fans and I never have problems. I think 16t is too low though, I'd start with a 20t personally. I use this for fans/mount

I expected someone to say Castle Monster X 1/8. I'm still learning here though.
Castle mmx8s 1717 combo is really nice and I love it in my Talion and Felony, but I think for most people the max 6 will be the better buy with the 100$ cheaper price tag and proven basher durability.

hello, been reading old posts, what is considered to be _the_ motor upgrade for Notorious/kraton 6s blx, if I want to stay on 6s. Thanks

Hobbystar makes a 4585 1800kb that pairs really good with the Max6 as well. I have it in two of my rigs and it’s a little faster

Hobbystar makes a 4585 1800kb that pairs really good with the Max6 as well. I have it in two of my rigs and it’s a little faster
That actually sounds like a great idea too. I bet it will shave a little weight too if you care about that sort of thing.

Like stated above Max6 (1600kv-1750kv-1900kv motor) 16T-18T pinion depending how you bash and motor temps. Temp gun in hand to evaluate.
Seems to be everyone's sweet spot for hard bashing with 6s. Proper Fan(s) are a given.
Better absolutely make sure your diffs are up to the task. First priority, if you haven't considered this or even looked at them yet.
For standard RTR open diffs I run 60kF/500kC/30kR. Seems to work for most here. I am good with these diff oils on all my 6s rigs. They last quite a while now between maintenance. Better keep those tires glued well enough. Check often.

Thanks all for taking your time despite lots of similar threads. Any more suggestions for fans is much appreciated, preferably shiped from EU.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back