Vendetta motor/esc upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windays

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Vendetta
Looking to upgrade the motor/esc in my vendetta to something like a castle setup, purely for bashing and parking lot speed runs. I like to run laps around the parking lot that I go to and I noticed that the esc really heats up after a few minutes even on the stock gearing. Anyone recommend a good castle combo for the vendetta that will pretty much fit right in?

I hear ya

I run a mamba x in a senton sitting ontop of receiver box with there 1415 2400kv for cooler 3s racing n 4s bashing.

You with 50t stock should be able to gear up plenty for that 2200 I’d say, 2650 also would be fine

Do you just use double sided tack tape to secure the ESC to the receiver box?

I did yes, gorilla glue 3m 30lb tape. Hasn’t moved in a year with plenty of hard crashes and tumbles 😂. This was also done so I didn’t have to remove the esc every time I needed to pull the motor.

I think that's the combo I'm gonna go with. My LHS has it in stock. I'm also gonna grab a MMX8S for my Outcast 8s with a new Spektrum 800kv.

have the 1515 motor in the mount but the pinion will not fit over the shaft. Checked and they're both 5mm shaft diameter. Castle motor looks like there is less of a flat spot on the shaft vs the stock motor. Will an aftermarket pinion fit it or should I sand down the flat spot?

I just bought some saga pinions, I'll have to wait till they get here. Hopefully they fit. I needed higher tooth count anyways.

If ya wanna go fast build a spool,just ran 95mph on 4s...turns um into speed machines..I've used 34,36,38t mod1 gears..
Thing screams on 4s
Mm2 tp3650-3080kv

20220501_163518.jpg

Screenshot_20220501-161247_GNSS PA.jpg

20220428_175926.jpg

Last edited:
I got a 30 and 35t. Should be good for what I need.

I don't wanna go too fast since I don't have access to a lot that big. I could probably drive around and find one somewhere but I'm comfortable around 60-80 mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back