Typhon Motor fan, how to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I mounted a fan on my Typhon's motor since it has larger tires, to prevent overheating.
The issue I have is that the body hits the fan on upside down landings. The fan laster four packs.

Besides driving perfectly (working on it), how can I mount a fan/heatsink without this problem, or are there super low profile but still efficient coolers?

Pics of fan mount? If the fan is attached to the motor, not the chassis, can you rotate the mount so the fan is next to the motor, blowing sideways, instead of above the motor?

It's one of these:
https://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/cheerwing/EHW-Fan-COMBOC4.jpg
EHW-Fan-COMBOC4.jpg

Even without the heatsink, so just the fan on top of the motor the body touches when it lands upside down.

Is there anything stopping you from putting the fan sideways instead of on top? Is there room for it that way? I have the same heatsink and fan for my typhon but have not installed it yet.

Is there anything stopping you from putting the fan sideways instead of on top? Is there room for it that way? I have the same heatsink and fan for my typhon but have not installed it yet.

There's no space between the motor and the sideguards, it's taken up by the wires of the motor. You can barely fit the fan alone, without cover and heatsink.

You have the V3 talion correct?
If so I am not sure what fan would work with the stock body.
You could go all Ghetto and make a cutout in the body for the fan and heatsink. Or try not to land upside down :p

You have the V3 talion correct?
If so I am not sure what fan would work with the stock body.
You could go all Ghetto and make a cutout in the body for the fan and heatsink. Or try not to land upside down :p

I wish ;-) Typhon, worse for space under the body I guess.

Oh, I did modify the body in the mean time, look :D:D:D

20171125_102654.jpg

Plenty of space!

Thanks for the reply anyway, always useful. Did you use some kind of thermal glue / pad between the heatsink and motor?

Haha, Ruckus body on the Typhon. I have a Ruckus too but the body is not really that firm...is yours still in one piece on the Typhon?
And yes it's a thermal pad. Works really good, motor temps are much lower!

Attachments

• 20170117_224037.mp4
    20170117_224037.mp4
    2.4 MB
  • 20170622_234925.jpg
    20170622_234925.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 62
Haha, Ruckus body on the Typhon. I have a Ruckus too but the body is not really that firm...is yours still in one piece on the Typhon?
And yes it's a thermal pad. Works really good, motor temps are much lower!

I have no idea what you're talking about dude, the Ruckus body is really strong:

20171125_102725.jpg

Never ran it without the reinforcement, but yeah, not taking risk, tower just in case:

20171125_102608.jpg

120g original body, 240g reinforced one in case you're wondering. Not too bad imho.

Wow, so clean. I got fiberglass tape going all directions and overlapping like crazy.

Did you guys just fiberglass the inside of the body? I am new to this money pit of a hobby but loving it lol

Did you guys just fiberglass the inside of the body? I am new to this money pit of a hobby but loving it lol
Fiberglass Drywall tape, then "wet it" with either Shoe Goo, E6000, spray in bedliner, or some other strong flexible glue like substance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back