Kraton Motor Fan Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
I am looking for a new fan for my motor on my K6s. I am currently using the twin powerhobby setup, but I know at some point those plastic fan housings are going to break.

My wishlist is a plug & play setup that will last & one that plugs directly into the open port on my esc.

I know many of you build out your own, but I am not interested at this time in going down that path.

Not as concerned with price, rather just have something I can hopefully buy once & be done.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah same here. I have both PH and YR equivalents.

I like the NHX one, it uses alloy framed fans. Need zipties on it on a smooth can, I have one on my castle 1515 and a ziptie to keep it in place.
https://nitrohobbies.com/nhx8002rd/

The 30mm alloy framed fans don't fit well on the powerhobby dual fan cooler. On one of mine, I sanded the edges of the fans down where the meet. Was a pain without proper grinding tools. On the other, I egged out the holes in the fans for the screws.

The NHX starts out with alloy framed 30mm fans, so I'm guessing that replacing them won't be an ordeal. Just remove the old fan, put on a new one.
2021-0902-maxx-electronics-closeup.jpg

^^^ Been there regarding your alloy fans. But I squeezed them.

I had to grind down the 40mm Powerhobby fans to get them to fit on my Alza Racing mount. You can kind of see that the corners protrude, find any aluminum fan that doesn't do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back