Motor fan power supply

Lamar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys. I bought an integy twin 40mm motor fan and It seems like it killed my battery pretty quick when driving it. I’m wanting to hook up to a dedicated battery source. Maybe 9v battery but it is only recommended for 6v? Anyone else done this? Tried finding info on it but had no luck.

Lamar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
No I don’t have one at the moment. It’s the twin 40mm fan by integy. They said a max of 6 volts. But I’ve seen where people have installed a 9v battery for fans and just wondering if anyone on here had experience with it

RxMonkey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, , Senton, Talion
I agree I doubt that a fan setup is costing you much battery life. I’m sure you can setup a dedicated battery but it’s going to be more trouble for you charging 2 different packs for the truck. You also gotta find a spot to mount the battery on the truck. I’d do a few runs and time it closely both with and without the fan on using similar running conditions. Then you can compare and know how much an effect it has.

I have yeah racing dual fans on all my trucks and have never felt they killed the battery much sooner.

Jhunt86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s
I have the yeah racing fans also and dedicated a 1200mah 20c 2s Lipo for them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N4SIR Arrma 6s BLX 4
Surchaufeur Arrma 4x4 12
LtGhost08 Arrma 6s BLX 9
R Electronics 9