Motor fan power supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys. I bought an integy twin 40mm motor fan and It seems like it killed my battery pretty quick when driving it. I’m wanting to hook up to a dedicated battery source. Maybe 9v battery but it is only recommended for 6v? Anyone else done this? Tried finding info on it but had no luck.

No I don’t have one at the moment. It’s the twin 40mm fan by integy. They said a max of 6 volts. But I’ve seen where people have installed a 9v battery for fans and just wondering if anyone on here had experience with it

I agree I doubt that a fan setup is costing you much battery life. I’m sure you can setup a dedicated battery but it’s going to be more trouble for you charging 2 different packs for the truck. You also gotta find a spot to mount the battery on the truck. I’d do a few runs and time it closely both with and without the fan on using similar running conditions. Then you can compare and know how much an effect it has.

I have yeah racing dual fans on all my trucks and have never felt they killed the battery much sooner.

I have the yeah racing fans also and dedicated a 1200mah 20c 2s Lipo for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back