Motor fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk_Rc

have a nice day arrma maniacs ✌
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
hello, i finally decided to install the motor cooler on my granite and kraton. I took hobbywing for kraton
20200330_005707.jpg

also for granite I wanted from hobbywing but someone just before me took it ?

now i'm looking for a solution i buy from this same online store because they have the fastest delivery in 1 day.

so i have this fan available
20200330_010702.jpg
and what do you say its gonna be ok to install it on granite heatsink? are these connectors okay for connecting to the receiver?

thanks alot ?

That connector on the other fan is called a JR futaba style connector or just a JST connector. I can't tell from the pic if it's the male or female connector but if you want to plug it straight into the receiver then if it's the female connector it technically will work. However make sure it's long enough to reach your receiver because it looks kinda short.

They also make adapter cables to turn that into a normal 3 pin female servo connector.

20200329_163235.jpg

If the fan is made specifically for RC or comes from a store that sells RC specifically, I would think you have the correct connector. Also at 30x30mm it will fit on the stock heatsink. Consider as mentioned the length of wire lead as you may need an extension which is also easy to find. I like the lower profile you're showing as it's 2mm shorter than standard. Also interesting that it has so many more fan blades than standard. Standard usually five blades and I count 11 on the one you show.

thanks for the explanation ? i will check with the seller whether it is a male or female connector. and ordered an extension because this cable looks really short yea. the store sells mostly rc stuff.
they also have wtf fans if they are any better?
20200330_080048.jpg

thanks for the explanation ? i will check with the seller whether it is a male or female connector. and ordered an extension because this cable looks really short yea. the store sells mostly rc stuff.
they also have wtf fans if they are any better?
View attachment 72274

I like wtf fans. They've given me great service and I have nothing negative to say.

That red connector plugs right into the receiver, but it’s a little too wide and forces all jst plugs around it to bend away. If you jam it in it plugs in. Works fine and I’ve never had an issue with broken receivers but figured you should know.

I like wtf fans. They've given me great service and I have nothing negative to say.
i read a lot of negative comments for wtf fans ... i don't know how true it is because i didn't have one but i wonder if it is durable enough for bigger jumps in general for bashing hard? Do you have that new version stronger 9 fins? I really can't decide which one to buy ?

i read a lot of negative comments for wtf fans ... i don't know how true it is because i didn't have one but i wonder if it is durable enough for bigger jumps in general for bashing hard? Do you have that new version stronger 9 fins? I really can't decide which one to buy ?
I have always bought the standard 30mm #wtf3010. In my experience none have broken unexpectedly but I understand that everyone may have different results. If I end up breaking any or if they just stop working, I should change my opinion but so far nothing bad to say from me. The next fan I try will be aluminum constructed but I haven't needed one yet. I have a couple of these metal fans but I've not tried yet. They will be what I install on my Mojave when I start getting it back together with new parts. Many forum members have given them high marks.
I also like the way this metal fan looks with 9 blades and metal housing but it may take a long time (over a month at least) to arrive to the US. Not sure how long it would take to get to you.

I have always bought the standard 30mm #wtf3010. In my experience none have broken unexpectedly but I understand that everyone may have different results. If I end up breaking any or if they just stop working, I should change my opinion but so far nothing bad to say from me. The next fan I try will be aluminum constructed but I haven't needed one yet. I have a couple of these metal fans but I've not tried yet. They will be what I install on my Mojave when I start getting it back together with new parts. Many forum members have given them high marks.
I also like the way this metal fan looks with 9 blades and metal housing but it may take a long time (over a month at least) to arrive to the US. Not sure how long it would take to get to you.

thank you, in the end I decided and bought a more expensive wtf fan ... i give him the opportunity to try it myself. nothing can be ordered from the current situation in China ... they are detained and not accepted to our country ? so i don't have much options ... when all this calms down i expect visits from america and they will bring goodies like yeah twin turbo motors, m2c stuff, and a bunch of others... so i'm already waiting for this to calm down to get everything that staff ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back