Outcast Motor fitment limitations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Does anyone know if I would be able to fit a HW 70125 in the Otcst 8s without having to be an absolute maverick or having to source custom parts (wouldn’t even know how to find someone to custom make parts) I know it’s not really an appropriate motor for this rig but by God I gotta have it.

6A564466-C83C-4487-97B1-D48B6E7BCB8A.jpeg

B6BDD3FC-5C8E-4083-89A2-72CE1D12E17E.jpeg

3BF938AA-1D8F-4298-BF32-205A56E570C0.jpeg

2ED93882-6EE3-434E-ADD3-4A314EAC5A79.jpeg

You will need the Matching HW Sensored ESC to get the most out of this sensored 560KV motor. The sensor leads are HW proprietary FWIW.
This is a 12s capable motor. Are you prepared to run dual 6s packs/volts in your 8s rig there. You will be adding much more weight to an already heavy brute that it is already.
Running just 8s with this motor would be a waste of time and $$$. IMHO.
Do you have a real plan or just considering this motor because you can?
A proper motor mount is not the main issue. That is a given. Have you checked M2C? Is there 125mm length motor clearance on the chassis?
Have to think about why you need this. Can your stock 8s rig there even handle the power?
I am sure you wouldn't be the first however.
Good luck.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I did notice the price for the Max 4 matching Sensored ESC is only $72.00!! MSRP is $450.:rolleyes: Its a Very large and heavy ESC.
Is that price right???? Can't be.:unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: $72.00???? This motor and ESC combined is normally close $1k.
Maybe HW is discontinuing these motors and ESC's. Could just be a dud ESC, HW is getting rid of ? This setup is far from mainstream RC gear. Limited RC applications for them?:unsure: IDK.

https://www.hobbywingmotor.com/hobbywing-ezrun-max4-hv-1-5-scale-sensored-brushless-esc/

Last edited:
You will need the Matching HW Sensored ESC to get the most out of this sensored 560KV motor. The sensor leads are HW proprietary FWIW.
This is a 12s capable motor. Are you prepared to run dual 6s packs/volts in your 8s rig there. You will be adding much more weight to an already heavy brute that it is already.
Running just 8s with this motor would be a waste of time and $$$. IMHO.
Do you have a real plan or just considering this motor because you can?
A proper motor mount is not the main issue. That is a given. Have you checked M2C? Is there 125mm length motor clearance on the chassis?
Have to think about why you need this. Can your stock 8s rig there even handle the power?
I am sure you wouldn't be the first however.
Good luck.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I did notice the price for the Max 4 matching Sensored ESC is only $72.00!! MSRP is $450.:rolleyes: Its a Very large and heavy ESC.
Is that price right???? Can't be.:unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: $72.00???? This motor and ESC combined is normally close $1k.
Maybe HW is discontinuing these motors and ESC's. Could just be a dud ESC, HW is getting rid of ? This setup is far from mainstream RC gear. Limited RC applications for them?:unsure: IDK.

https://www.hobbywingmotor.com/hobbywing-ezrun-max4-hv-1-5-scale-sensored-brushless-esc/

Something funny is going on there

Like what?
I see the 12s motor is only $71.00.
$143.00 gets both ESC and motor.

Like what?
I see the 12s motor is only $71.00.
$143.00 gets both ESC and motor.
Gotta be a scam dude, I’d call em first

Yeah that was all sorted out. TYVM.
I did email Hobbywingdirect.com (the legit USA office).

Yeah I posted that it's in fact a Scam. Posted on another thread somewhere? TY.:giggle: I thought I posted that here?:unsure:
I emailed the legit HW site and they confirmed it is a Fraudulent Website, generated by a hacked Google server. I even checked the bogus site with "AdSense".

This site IS a Scam for sure:

Mark at HW told me he will let HW IT and Fraud dept know. And sent me a Discount code for my trouble. I am a registered HW customer. I've been buying their stuff direct from them for years. Is a good ESC company IMHO.
HW/Mark responded back within minutes.
Sorry for the mix up on your thread.
Price was too good to be true. Obviously. I was scratching my head there also.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back