Talion Motor heatsink fan size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCRCAddict

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought a 30mm Rocket fan for the heatsink on the Talion. Screw holes do not align as the fan is 30mm from edge to edge, not screw hole to screw hole. What is the right size fan to buy for the Talion?

I will guess with certainty, its a 35 mm fan. What size was the OE fan.???? Running which ESC model and brand?
That is your reference!!
Fans come in 30, 35, and 40mm, etc. Depending on the ESC model. No in between sizes. Measured Edge to edge. 35mm most common from my experience. But you need to measure what the OE one was. And you are golden. 99% of the time the height is always 10mm. No taller.
Rocket alloy fans are good fans. (y) Just need the correct size. You can always use that one on the motor perhaps.

Last edited:
Thank you. This is a Talion 6s RTR. The motor has a heatsink on it but it does not come with a fan. I wanted to add a fan. I will try 35mm.

Fans break so often they are barely worth it. Just use what you have with only one screw and maybe a zip tie and buy the right one when it breaks lol
This. I just zip tied a 40mm fan to the heat sink a while ago. We climbed a 100 ft hill flat out like 12 times in 15 minutes and the motor was only warm. Talion exb rtr bone stock except on a 19t.
The heat sink is awesome: any airflow makes it so much better and realistically everyone is right: fans just explode when you are bashing but they work awesome. Just get any fan and attach it any how and be prepared to replace it. I think they deliberately made the heatsink only fit that wierd size so you have to buy a specific part. Just stick anything on there and it is awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back