Motor heatsink or fan combo that fits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenix38

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey everyone does anyone have a link of which motor heatsink or heatsink fan combo they use on their outcast?

Thanks in advance!

You welcome.
You will love it they are a real tornado Fans (they worth the name:D)
In the beginning I was surprised by there sizes, but they can blow the whole car. you can feel the air near the receiver box and the Servo.
tell me your opinion when you instill it.
I will post some pictures soon.

That yeah racing one looks sweet! How is it wired up on a stock Outcast?

Thanks Raji, ordering it now. I am not impressed with the Castle fan.
Everyone I have talked to says the Castle Fan does nothing.

You welcome.
You will love it they are a real tornado Fans (they worth the name:D)
In the beginning I was surprised by there sizes, but they can blow the whole car. you can feel the air near the receiver box and the Servo.
tell me your opinion when you instill it.
I will post some pictures soon.
They are Vantec Tornado fans? I had some of those in a pc case years ago, they were load AF but moved a lot of air.

Has anyone had any issues with the fan plug on the esc having to run two additional fans? I am having a hard time finding any documentation on how much power that plug can supply, or if it is in the same power circuit as the built in bec? The main reason I am concerned is because (like many of you) I already run a more power hungry servo and I am worried about over taxing the secondary power output from the esc.

Has anyone had any issues with the fan plug on the esc having to run two additional fans? I am having a hard time finding any documentation on how much power that plug can supply, or if it is in the same power circuit as the built in bec? The main reason I am concerned is because (like many of you) I already run a more power hungry servo and I am worried about over taxing the secondary power output from the esc.
I see guys on Facebook running the Yeah Racing twin fan heatsink off the esc without any issues.

I see guys on Facebook running the Yeah Racing twin fan heatsink off the esc without any issues.
How durable are the yeah racing fans. I am currently using the hobbywing heatsink and fan combo but the fans seem to break and I have to replace every month. I do a lot of jumping and backflips so I am sure that doesn’t help but was wondering how the yeah racing ones are.

How durable are the yeah racing fans. I am currently using the hobbywing heatsink and fan combo but the fans seem to break and I have to replace every month. I do a lot of jumping and backflips so I am sure that doesn’t help but was wondering how the yeah racing ones are.
About the same. Most toss some WTF fans on it. However there aren't too many fans that can hold up to long term jumping ?

How to reinforce Yeah Racing Fans. It works out great ?
I haven't had issue sense last December

I've got the yeah fans, and they are great. Clamp firmly to the motor, no gaps. I just ordered 2 more! I run mine off a separate:) BEC I installed that also runs my servo at 6 volts.

Just a PSA, if your motor is running hot enough that it needs a fan the proper solution is to gear down. All a fan is doing is correcting the symptom

Just a PSA, if your motor is running hot enough that it needs a fan the proper solution is to gear down. All a fan is doing is correcting the symptom

Agreed. A fan is a bandaid. If money was not a problem I would buy a larger motor that won't have heat problems. Unless you beef up the gearing even more...

If adding a fan brings the temperature down to a safe level then that would be considered the "solution". The "symptom" was excessive heat due to increased load from gearing. This is a perfectly acceptable way to reduce temperatures.
It's the same reason your ESC has a fan blowing on it.

My solution to keeping motor temps below 170*F bashing with a 17t pinion on Backflips

If adding a fan brings the temperature down to a safe level then that would be considered the "solution". The "symptom" was excessive heat due to increased load from gearing. This is a perfectly acceptable way to reduce temperatures.
It's the same reason your ESC has a fan blowing on it.

You are correct. It is a solution.

For myself, I'd rather gear down or fix it other ways because I'm hard on my rigs and don't want to deal with broken fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back