Senton Motor just started stuttering - BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triver525

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My son’s Senton 3S BLX just started stuttering when the throttle is applied and it won’t move. He was running it in the snow a week ago and left it sitting in the sink upside down for the last week to dry. Battery is freshly charged. Throttle trim set properly. Steering works fine. Also can’t get it to enter programming mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try checking the connections between the esc and the motor it’s possible they may have worked loose, or just corrosion.

It could be the ESC itself. My senton was bought 12/22 and driven les than ten time and mine started stuttering. I took it down to the motor thinking it may be gears. When motor was out of the truck with no gears or anything but with the ESC it still stuttered. I tried a different ESC and it ran fine.

Is your stuttering like this:
Senton Sturtter

It could be the ESC itself. My senton was bought 12/22 and driven les than ten time and mine started stuttering. I took it down to the motor thinking it may be gears. When motor was out of the truck with no gears or anything but with the ESC it still stuttered. I tried a different ESC and it ran fine.

Is your stuttering like this:
Senton Sturtter

That’s EXACTLY what’s happening! Horizon Hobby said they would send out a new ESC but they aren’t promising anything until March.

I’ll probably be swapping in a HobbyWing unit.

How/who do you get in touch for a replacment? I have emailed Arrma and have not heard anything back.

How/who do you get in touch for a replacment? I have emailed Arrma and have not heard anything back.
Contact Horizon Hobby. They are the distributor for Arrma now, and handle all the warranty.

Which Hobby Wing ESC are you looking at. I have been out of the hobby for 15 years.

Good esc. I've always been team castle but I have had my fair share of ezrun series esc's and they're all very good.

Last edited:
I am very happy to report that the Senton is back up and running. I’m even happier to report the fantastic service that Horizon Hobbies gave. Because of the long delivery time for a replacement BLX ESC they have my LHS a credit which I was able to apply to a new ESC that they had in stock. Truck is back up and running just in time for indoor racing this weekend. Big thank you to Horizon Hobbies.

Attachments

• 7F5F985D-667C-4C6E-AFDB-49C20FEA91CF.jpeg
    7F5F985D-667C-4C6E-AFDB-49C20FEA91CF.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 54
Yes I sent mine back for warranty repair. They called a few days later and said I could what till April for an original replacement or they could send a BLX 130 the following week. I said I would take the BLX 130 and it arrived in less than a week.
I have had already bought a EZrun Max10 SCT and put it in. The replacement BLX 180 will be a spare backup.

I'm impressed with the quick response. Not so impressed with having the Sento BLX 3S less than 6 weeks and the ESC goes out.

Yes I sent mine back for warranty repair. They called a few days later and said I could what till April for an original replacement or they could send a BLX 130 the following week. I said I would take the BLX 130 and it arrived in less than a week.
I have had already bought a EZrun Max10 SCT and put it in. The replacement BLX 180 will be a spare backup.

I'm impressed with the quick response. Not so impressed with having the Sento BLX 3S less than 6 weeks and the ESC goes out.

What is a BLX 130?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back