Motor looks crooked, plus high-pitched noise at full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

person

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I have a Big Rock V3, purchased right at the start of 2021. Ever since buying it, the motor has sat somewhat crooked on the mount. Is this normal? The two gears in the mesh (excuse terminology) are aligned.

The other day I was running the truck and at full throttle (75% power) I noticed a high pitched noise that I don't recall hearing before. I took the motor off the mount and adjusted the mesh best to my ability (it seems good, based on examples I have seen).

Would something with the motor sitting crooked cause the high pitched noise to develop over time? Unfortunately it has been raining nonstop so I haven't been able to take the car out for a test after making the recent mesh adjustments. It didn't seem to happen (or wasn't as noticeable) when I was holding the truck in the air and letting the tires spin.

bigrock-chassis.jpg

Last edited:
I tried bending it but I don't own a vise and I wound up making it a bit worse with some large pliers. I already had a replacement on order and I'm okay with that.

I chalk it all up to a driving learning curve. I bought the truck at the beginning of January and later that month I hit a curb at speed and broke my chassis. I'm guessing it happened at that point. I haven't been able to run the truck all that much due to the weather so I'm fortunate that the problem didn't get much worse.

I tried bending it but I don't own a vise and I wound up making it a bit worse with some large pliers. I already had a replacement on order and I'm okay with that.

I chalk it all up to a driving learning curve. I bought the truck at the beginning of January and later that month I hit a curb at speed and broke my chassis. I'm guessing it happened at that point. I haven't been able to run the truck all that much due to the weather so I'm fortunate that the problem didn't get much worse.
A piece of block wood and a sledge hammer. And a good eye. If you have. Bending by hand and /or pliers will never work. Trust me. A vice is not the best answer. Need to beat it against a flat surface. And use a straight edge to check for flatness often. Till its close enough. It will never be perfect though. Get it close enough for best gear alignment.
Been there. Alloy Shock towers, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Back