Kraton Motor Mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROWN LETTUCE

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 1/8 kraton exb along with the max6 4985 combo. I'm a Newbie so bare with me. The included motor mount screw holes don't line up with the motor hole pattern. What mount do you suggest or am I missing something?

Just purchased a 1/8 kraton exb along with the max6 4985 combo. I'm a Newbie so bare with me. The included motor mount screw holes don't line up with the motor hole pattern. What mount do you suggest or am I missing something?

That is weird, the holes should line up. Plenty of guys running that motor with the stock mount. I hope they didn't make a rolling change to the models.

Welcome to the forum! Also pictures might help with this question. Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Stock mount will work just fine. Might have to rotate the motor. Maybe pic of how u got it would help. Because most people on here are running that. And welcome to the best place for RC

Thanks for the quick replies, I will post pics tomorrow when I'm home. The mount will line up with the 4 inner circle holes that don't have screws but I don't think the holes are threaded. Like I said I'm a Newbie, if someone has a pick that could help me.

Just to double check - you are using M4 flat head screws for the motor right?

The four M4 screw holes are used for mounting - rotate the motor until two line up in the orientation you want

E9468A51-95F6-49A5-A936-18C74CCD3C50.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran the same motor/esc with the stock mount, it bolted right up with no issues. I’m sure you’re just missing something simple.

Thanks for the quick replies, I will post pics tomorrow when I'm home. The mount will line up with the 4 inner circle holes that don't have screws but I don't think the holes are threaded. Like I said I'm a Newbie, if someone has a pick that could help me.
Those holes are the ones you use to mount the motor. The outside holes should have screws in them and they are used to hold the motor together. Make sure that you use blue thread lock on all and any screw going into metal.

Problem solved, first thing my exb roller didn't include motor mount screws or pinion. I didn't realize the mount screws to 2 of the inner screw holes.
Those holes are the ones you use to mount the motor. The outside holes should have screws in them and they are used to hold the motor together. Make sure that you use blue thread lock on all and any screw going into metal.
Thanks

Problem solved, first thing my exb roller didn't include motor mount screws or pinion. I didn't realize the mount screws to 2 of the inner screw holes.
Mine didn't come with a pinion either. But my mount screws were in a little bag with the servo horn screw.

i recently just got my new Kraton in the mail a couple of days ago and it did come with a pinion gear, with a card saying it was a high-speed pinion and not to bash with it. i didn't bother to check the tooth count yet. still in the box because I'm waiting on some more parts

Thanks
Totally optional. Top motor mount screws are supplied with the EXB. Some like the button head with washer is a better step up...optional

5TEndukeEp1FpietPAGTfu-NSZWFD4QAMKNNBZoAcrbrcgUA7H9ojB5obMJlIcDG666Qb8s1Gdov61WTs8Pshfp9oxWuO90zcK0vIkrO6oXhMRrEeP6GMIJ8enzm4m4fcZzV9hbus7lgvMejfpmW-0-MMpAtgCSlmI6nGvzi9VdwmNoQnMMAjIKO1soqKHA3WWdaTZadybz7Ggd8ZVpsEKqenuZvwCno6QC6RCGa9wWjqzdxrAmZh7U0eTvcEzv1KAgd-psiDjoc8AClilmB-5mUz2R3W4h4TPnLeFGimxb2ZiMTEFv8TpqIPrx27uCK2BzBQhokgN6QHBKBz6AqMKrwxM85jdvK16nKHmoppXRTOV2t1erZMgZsvv_vZs8dNJJEkU0bNFPG10crlkGBZEEutNClQ4wX1p8yEtwI24ynO7Fqgx7zHnCngYnkKVtr7-cfIQpO2WKO196dgX0RaKBn8XpE0goupcaA01D0UtxytY1nSOF6YV7qoQngVUl8AcYC2PlaypwabHvHIxl3x4Qe9iiHBST2ly6-qfoQHKBbqjnISixy27QjxIh8x0gY3KwlNYRXSOzJ3KWFFuEtimnqj89SSOP1-r-mkBV4wFKYXb5tOG1fFtXMUTeAtI0FmTC3IP9LIrWxiiOza3ftxTyBPOtcdxUp27TwjwgzE7XxHBluZgvrrcJJoVAK9CeS0LmRLlGOUabFTkDsJEeceMAtkQ=w2561-h1153-no

If the front endcap doesn't go only in one specific way. You can remove the bolts and spin it around. My 6s stock motors will only have the wires coming the right way like how they were designed if i screw the endcap correctly. I use a permanent market to know
Totally optional. Top motor mount screws are supplied with the EXB. Some like the button head with washer is a better step up...optional

5TEndukeEp1FpietPAGTfu-NSZWFD4QAMKNNBZoAcrbrcgUA7H9ojB5obMJlIcDG666Qb8s1Gdov61WTs8Pshfp9oxWuO90zcK0vIkrO6oXhMRrEeP6GMIJ8enzm4m4fcZzV9hbus7lgvMejfpmW-0-MMpAtgCSlmI6nGvzi9VdwmNoQnMMAjIKO1soqKHA3WWdaTZadybz7Ggd8ZVpsEKqenuZvwCno6QC6RCGa9wWjqzdxrAmZh7U0eTvcEzv1KAgd-psiDjoc8AClilmB-5mUz2R3W4h4TPnLeFGimxb2ZiMTEFv8TpqIPrx27uCK2BzBQhokgN6QHBKBz6AqMKrwxM85jdvK16nKHmoppXRTOV2t1erZMgZsvv_vZs8dNJJEkU0bNFPG10crlkGBZEEutNClQ4wX1p8yEtwI24ynO7Fqgx7zHnCngYnkKVtr7-cfIQpO2WKO196dgX0RaKBn8XpE0goupcaA01D0UtxytY1nSOF6YV7qoQngVUl8AcYC2PlaypwabHvHIxl3x4Qe9iiHBST2ly6-qfoQHKBbqjnISixy27QjxIh8x0gY3KwlNYRXSOzJ3KWFFuEtimnqj89SSOP1-r-mkBV4wFKYXb5tOG1fFtXMUTeAtI0FmTC3IP9LIrWxiiOza3ftxTyBPOtcdxUp27TwjwgzE7XxHBluZgvrrcJJoVAK9CeS0LmRLlGOUabFTkDsJEeceMAtkQ=w2561-h1153-no
Gotta love arrma changing stuff, mine use a big flanged screw

Mine didn't come with a pinion either. But my mount screws were in a little bag with the servo horn screw.
quality control for the win. It should come with a 12t pinion and the motor screws. i had everything in mine

If the front endcap doesn't go only in one specific way. You can remove the bolts and spin it around. My 6s stock motors will only have the wires coming the right way like how they were designed if i screw the endcap correctly. I use a permanent market to know

quality control for the win. It should come with a 12t pinion and the motor screws. i had everything in mine

It does come with those flanged button heads screws he just changed his and added washers. I did the same thing, I always change out every screw I can to cap heads.

OK ... per the two I have and the exploded view/drawings for the TLRT, it's still the button head screws. But hey, if they are upgrading to socket head screws, all the better.
Arrma keeps making changes each new batch. The new exbs apparently come with a washer under the button head who act As droop screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back