Motor mount screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
So I finally stripped a screw and it was one of the top motor mount ones. I didn't apply any heat since the other one unscrewed fine, however I did notice my 2 2.5mm hex's (Wera being one of them) were rather loose in the screws and the 3mm hex was too big. What size sockets are these screws exactly? It's going to be irritating trying to get this stripped screw out as I don't have much experience with such a problem.

Had the same issue. You can cut a notch with a dremel or a saw (a saw worked fine for me). Then just use a flathead screwdriver. This worked for me.

They are 2.5mm. Before you go and dremmel slots in anything, try a standard hex 5/64 first. Its a tad bigger than a 2.5mm and sometimes has enough bite to turn the screw out. Use lots of heat first.

Last resort, dremmel the entire head of the screw off and then use a vice grip and twist the screw out once the mount is removed. You should have enough threads left sticking out of the motor to get a bite.

This is an old thread (zombie noises in background) but it's what I found when I had the same issue. I still don't get it. it doesn't look rounded off and the 2.5 does not bite. 3mm is definitely too big. 5/64 is definitely not the right size. I couldn't find a standard size that was close enough either. But what I did find is that a T15 fit it nicely. Get out your torx and see if that works. It actually grabbed so nicely I wonder if that's what it really is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back