Granite Motor mount wear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concordeacr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi everybody,

I just would like to share info about something that is not describe in this forum. My rear input gear have so much wear. The teeth look like needle. I found many plastic dust residue. It is not the first time it happen but this time it happen very fast. My input gear have only 2 months. What I found is the power module housing have alot of play causing by wear. What it mean is that the motor mount is moving formard bacward.

The first picture show the wear, look carefully at the bottom of the power module housing.
The second picture is about how I am lucky to find it before it break. (On the right side is a new input gear)

To solve this issue I need to change sub frame, input gear, diff case and power module mount.

Attachments

• 5ADEDE0B-3DDB-4144-BE7A-ED7BB9BBE757.jpeg
    5ADEDE0B-3DDB-4144-BE7A-ED7BB9BBE757.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 76
  • D7AD23BA-2254-4BD5-8FF5-4D470DFFB399.jpeg
    D7AD23BA-2254-4BD5-8FF5-4D470DFFB399.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 70
Hi everybody,

I just would like to share info about something that is not describe in this forum. My rear input gear have so much wear. The teeth look like needle. I found many plastic dust residue. It is not the first time it happen but this time it happen very fast. My input gear have only 2 months. What I found is the power module housing have alot of play causing by wear. What it mean is that the motor mount is moving formard bacward.

The first picture show the wear, look carefully at the bottom of the power module housing.
The second picture is about how I am lucky to find it before it break. (On the right side is a new input gear)

To solve this issue I need to change sub frame, input gear, diff case and power module mount.
Did sand get inside the tower/diff housing?

All bearings fines. Yes the shim was on the main gear side.
Yokes aren’t melted or anything weird? No screws missing from the main gear? Just grabbing at straws at this point. ??‍♂️✌?

Yokes aren’t melted or anything weird? No screws missing from the main gear? Just grabbing at straws at this point. ??‍♂️✌?
Yokes fine. The only weird thing is the power module housing wear. When I throttle up I can see all the power module moving.

Yokes fine. The only weird thing is the power module housing wear. When I throttle up I can see all the power module moving.
Well I would replace that then and go from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back