Typhon Motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogis9

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys I’m not too happy with my standard motor mount and want to upgrade it. Any ideas/experiences? I like the look of the hot racing one so if anyone is using or has used it some feedback would be awesome.

Hi guys I’m not too happy with my standard motor mount and want to upgrade it. Any ideas/experiences? I like the look of the hot racing one so if anyone is using or has used it some feedback would be awesome.

HR motor mount is awesome. It lets you remove the motor easily. High recommended.

+1 for the HR mount. I have it on my outcast. Makes it nice and easy to adjust mesh/swap out pinions without using a shoddy L wrench and a bunch of swear words.

If you get it though, lightly sand the race where the diff bearing goes as mine (as well as others) have had issues with the bearing not fitting easily. Some high grit sandpaper spun around in there a few times will help.

Don't you have to shim stuff to get the hr motor mount to work? Not sure but I read that the center diff needs to be shimmed.

To be fair mine needs to shimmed in the standard too

Don't you have to shim stuff to get the hr motor mount to work? Not sure but I read that the center diff needs to be shimmed.

If you I've both the HR motor mount AND the HR center diff brace then you need to shim the play out if it.

If you I've both the HR motor mount AND the HR center diff brace then you need to shim the play out if it.
Odd. I didn't notice any need for it. Needing to sand the bearing race to allow the bearing to fit in there on the motor mount side especially is needed though. I really should have sanded mine... going to be a bear getting that bearing back out.

Odd. I didn't notice any need for it. Needing to sand the bearing race to allow the bearing to fit in there on the motor mount side especially is needed though. I really should have sanded mine... going to be a bear getting that bearing back out.
I had to shim both hr mount and front brace installs on my kraton and senton builds. You can check out post #27 in my senton build here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-leopard-4092-1730kv-on-6s.7869/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back