Typhon Motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmaggedon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
hello guys. Being new to the Arrma chassis, i come across something that i have a question about. And that is, has anyone ever tried cutting the motor mount this way so you can get bigger pinion gears in? thanks for any info. especially if you've tried it.

MOTOR MOUNT.jpg

hello guys. Being new to the Arrma chassis, i come across something that i have a question about. And that is, has anyone ever tried cutting the motor mount this way so you can get bigger pinion gears in? thanks for any info. especially if you've tried it.

View attachment 109653
I have fit up to a 29T pinion in my Typhon 3S and had to dremel the inside to get it to fit. Nothing as drastic as cutting the side off.

kool..and had you tried say a 20t or 22t and seen any increase in speed?

kool..and had you tried say a 20t or 22t and seen any increase in speed?
Well yeah of course. But I was doing speed runs, which is one pass then wait for it to cool. Three passes max.

Well yeah of course. But I was doing speed runs, which is one pass then wait for it to cool. Three passes max.

have you ever found a different motor motor mount that can be used without a center diff.?
If you want more speed, go brushless. You wont regret it.
i've always gone brushless unless i;m doing a test fit.

i'm thinking about putting another diff. where the slipper clutch goes since i want be using a clutch anyway and trying to run a dogbone from it to the main rear diff??
I’m going the other way. I’m running spools. I don’t need any slip or diff action. Mine is a dedicated speed run car

yeah. i plan on locking all the diffs up with the help of some jb weld..upgrade the axles to something that will hold also
I already have the HR ring and pinions. I’m easy on driveshafts as I’m slow on the throttle anyways. But I might end up with dogbones for the center shaft.

I already have the HR ring and pinions. I’m easy on driveshafts as I’m slow on the throttle anyways. But I might end up with dogbones for the center shaft.
what they call a spool is basically just another diff. aint it?

You can just superglue the whole slipper assembly
yeah. i had a rustler and i screwed it together and tightened the spring all the way up with lock tite
Or fill it up with silicone plugs
Unrelated but How big of a pinion can I go? I have a 6s Arrma system in a 3s with metal gears
that's what we were discussing. I cut the back part off of my motor mount so i can maybe get 26t -30t

Look at the optional parts list. You "should" be able to use the largest pinion size they have listed, which is a 32T
ok..thanks for the heads up!
yeah. i would love to be able to get at least a 2:1 gear ratio

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back