Kraton Motor noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys, I noticed my motor has been making a really loud squealing noise when you rev it. I was wondering, what do you guys normally do to quiet your moter down on the 6s models

Yes, and still runs loud without pinion touching anything.
What’s that blue stuff? Never noticed it in previous disassemblies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 42
Change your bearings. Blue stuff is weight to balance the shaft. don't cheap on the bearings.

What do you do to clean the shaft? And the inside here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 40
Ok I’ve got to the bearing. How the heck u get this thing out ? I’ve already broke a screw driver

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 41
Tortilla will work as well, just had to do that myself. Don't use water or it will squeeze through the bearing.
Bread and push it down with the shaft, might need a hammer but don't bend the shaft, search youtube.,

Alrighty, now can someone send me a link to the bearings I need to replace.... I don’t want to spend 20 bucks on two bearings so I don’t care if there fancy, just whatever will do the job

Noob question lol, what does ABEC mean exactly? And how comes I need “special” bearings for the motor? Can’t it just be the right size

Noob question lol, what does ABEC mean exactly? And how comes I need “special” bearings for the motor? Can’t it just be the right size
Abec is the standard on how a bearing is rated. The tolerances that they are built on. There is abec 1,3,5,7,9 the lower the number the more sloppy a bearing is. 1 and 3 are like skate bored bearings.
5 is a bare minimum when it comes to a motor capable of 50,000 rpm. Abec 5 is only rated at most 35,000 rpm . Although a motor is capable of those rpms it in unlikely it will see that high due to resistance from weight, rotating mass of the drive train and wind resistance. Abec 7 you find in industrial motors that are high precision for long life. That is what I use in a motor. You can also find them in surgical tools because the reliability. Abec 9 are pretty much only in dental tools. They spin over 100,000 rpm and much smaller so they are an absolutely perfect bearing and extremely expensive. You can find cheap abec 5 ceramic hybrids for a motor fairly cheap. Abec 7 get more expensive but they will last the life of the motor I'd kept up and will actually make your rig faster. I gained 7 mph when I changed out mine because of how much less resistance there is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back