Kraton Motor overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on something that will help solve your motor heating problems.
Give me till later this weekend to show you what I've got cooking..
Hey, Brother keep me in the loop of this as well! Thx

What advice my firend? I tried EVERY ONCE. I think I will put a hetskink on thos this engine and call it a day.

My friend, there are 3 pages here of good info. Most importantly been asked many of us do not know how you bash and really any full details. This is a very helpful forum, but it does require homework on your part. Doing one step is not going to give you an instant answer.

This is a fun hobby, and problem-solving is part of it. A lot of good info has been suggested for you to test. I've even posted recommended fan that is highly powerful, pinion size decrease has been suggested. Checking your rig for binding, which can create heat if there is any this means you need to check the rig in some cases taking all diffs, gears, and input gears out to check them. So much has been paid out for homework.

I went from swapping motors, pinions, fans, etc to finally finding the right temp.

My version of creating a temperature gauge:
1668223949953.png

I added my own temp probe on the motor. Good enough to give me an idea of what the motor temp looks like in driving by:
1668224029406.png

Hey, Brother keep me in the loop of this as well! Thx

My friend, there are 3 pages here of good info. Most importantly been asked many of us do not know how you bash and really any full details. This is a very helpful forum, but it does require homework on your part. Doing one step is not going to give you an instant answer.

This is a fun hobby, and problem-solving is part of it. A lot of good info has been suggested for you to test. I've even posted recommended fan that is highly powerful, pinion size decrease has been suggested. Checking your rig for binding, which can create heat if there is any this means you need to check the rig in some cases taking all diffs, gears, and input gears out to check them. So much has been paid out for homework.

I went from swapping motors, pinions, fans, etc to finally finding the right temp.

My version of creating a temperature gauge:
View attachment 255799

I added my own temp probe on the motor. Good enough to give me an idea of what the motor temp looks like in driving by:
View attachment 255800

Will do đź‘Ť

Ok. Do what you think is right.

I'm not going to go back through the last three pages of posts. That's for you to filter out. Much advice has been given by others and I've given what advice I can.
I'm going ride like that untilt my motor blowns out... OI have no options mate. O just orderder other motor and a heatsink but it will arrive in 3 moths :(

Can't hurt to open your motor and look it over. If anything for the experience. All part of RC maintenance. Learn about it. And always lube the BB's once you open the motor at the very least if anything. For the Preventive maintenance.
I now always dissect my new RTR rigs out the box. Motor, differentials and all. From experience with my past NIB rigs
What is the BB?

I'm going ride like that untilt my motor blowns out... OI have no options mate. O just orderder other motor and a heatsink but it will arrive in 3 moths :(

These RCs are RTR, but they are not custom-fitted to each person's style of bashing. I would highly encourage you not to do that. If you know you have an issue, fit it ASAP! Or park it.

The next biggest part of the hobby is wrenching and adjusting the RC to your taste. They are no Wal-Mart RCs. I do not tell friends and loved ones about getting one if I know they are unwilling to get into the RC and learn to fix or tweak it. It's a requirement they are not charge and go.

I've had many new RCs that disappointed me, but thanks to the love of this fam here, their suggestions got me to where I wanted my RC to be.

There are other things that can go bad outside of just running it until your motor blows..extreme heat is bad. You have pages of posts and options if you are willing to dissemble and get into your RC. Share pic/vid we can provide advice along the way.

Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back