Senton Motor pinion and slipper clutch help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
So i re did my slipper clutch cleaned & got a repair kit and new pads new motor pinion & grub screw and install everything and it drives like brand new but it makes a crazy clacking noise sounds like two sticks smacking each other but upon inspection no damage to gears slipper is set right everything is in working order and like i said it drives insane like im getting wheelies every pull of the trigger any body kno what could be the noise ?
whoa that was alot to type lmao

Another thread here described the same noise after a rebuild. Turns out it Was the plastic Main gear slipping. (rear Diff.) It is near the slipper, so the noise appeared to come from the slipper/ Spur.
But if you absolutely know it is not the Main gear/ input gear then double check the Motor mount/ gear mesh again.

Another thread here described the same noise after a rebuild. Turns out it Was the plastic Main gear slipping. (rear Diff.) It is near the slipper, so the noise appeared to come from the slipper/ Spur.
But if you absolutely know it is not the Main gear/ input gear then double check the Motor mount/ gear mesh again.
Time to service the diffs!!

Yeah do both diffs while you are in there of course. Just look closely at them. Sometimes the plastic yokes re-positioning poses a problem with the main gears. Pay close attention to re assembly.
Many have rebuilt/serviced an otherwise perfectly good main gear/ input gear setup only to find a chattering main gear after all is cleaned greased and reassembled.

Yea ill open her privates up and check the rear diff & i have the gpm yokes there solid but should I check like inside the rear differential or would it more likely be the gear where the yoke is

Update I checked again and the pinion screw is mad loose the pinion is only on by the c clip could that be it

Ima still check the rear diff & sheesh grub screws only come in packs of like 10 lol all i need is 1 😩 lol

My new 3s Typhon clacked like crazy. Turns out that the top of the input gear had a slight interference with the diff body at one spot. Both diffs had the same issue. I sanded the top of the input gear slightly to remove the interference. It didn't take much; I think that there was a mold number or mark on top of the gear that I removed. I also took the opportunity to fill the diffs (neither was full) and shimmed the slipper (mine had a ton of front to back slop).

Ima still check the rear diff & sheesh grub screws only come in packs of like 10 lol all i need is 1 😩 lol
Grub screws are consumable items. A Must have in your tool box.

Update I checked again and the pinion screw is mad loose the pinion is only on by the c clip could that be it

I had that happen and it certainly made a noise that wasn't 'normal'

On that, isn't it amazing how in tuned we can get with our vehicles, any change in running sound is so noticeable. From a stick jammed in the hub to a loose pinion. The running noises changes ... we stop and pick up car for inspection. Everytime.

I had that happen and it certainly made a noise that wasn't 'normal'

On that, isn't it amazing how in tuned we can get with our vehicles, any change in running sound is so noticeable. From a stick jammed in the hub to a loose pinion. The running noises changes ... we stop and pick up car for inspection. Everytime.
Yess everytime i go for a run i do like 1 or 2 laps to here and see if something is wrong lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back