Granite Motor pinion break on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concordeacr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi member,

I just like to know if others members have break stock motor pinion (15t) with the Arrma steel spur gear(4s)?
My plan is to install Robinson Racing15T extra hard. (#8715).
I run my granite in 4S 3665 motor 3500 kv and blx185 (punch set at level 2)
I broke 3 pinions in 4 months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Gotta run heavy duty pinions if you’re running steel spurs. Pinions meant for plastic spurs get messed up when you pair them with a metal one. Those RR pinions are good pinions, pick one up and the problem will go away

Hy member,

I just like to know if others members have break stock motor pinion (15t) with the Arrma steel spur gear(4s)?
My plan is to install Robinson Racing15T extra hard. (#8715).
I run my granite in 4S 3665 motor 3500 kv and blx185 (punch set at level 2)
I broke 3 pinions in 4 months
Are you still using the stock motor mount? They tend to be off a lot and make your gear mesh either too tight or too loose. I would recommend the adjustable motor mount from either Arrma or Hot Racing and make sure your gear mesh is set properly.

Are you still using the stock motor mount? They tend to be off a lot and make your gear mesh either too tight or too loose. I would recommend the adjustable motor mount from either Arrma or Hot Racing and make sure your gear mesh is set properly.
I am using Hot Racing motor mount. I have loose a little bit the gear mesh this time.

I am using Hot Racing motor mount. I have loose a little bit the gear mesh this time.
I would say that’s as much poor mesh as it was the steel spur. I’ve been running a steel spur for a long time with various grade pinions. Never had this much wear unless sand was in the power module.

I would say that’s as much poor mesh as it was the steel spur. I’ve been running a steel spur for a long time with various grade pinions. Never had this much wear unless sand was in the power module.
I'm running the stock Arrma pinion with the Hot Racing spur gear and I haven't noticed any sort of wear on my pinion yet.

I'm gonna say you picked up a rock. You literally broke the teeth off.
And the rest show it's too tight.
I was running on snow. My power module is seal with Gorilla tape.
All bearings are fine.

The 3500 kv motor is running fine on 4s. Here is winter. At this time, heat is not a issue. In deep snow my motor is colder in 4s than 3S. In 4S I am only at 50% for throttle. In 3S I am at 80% 90% for throttle.

The 3500 kv motor is running fine on 4s. Here is winter. At this time, heat is not a issue. In deep snow my motor is colder in 4s than 3S. In 4S I am only at 50% for throttle. In 3S I am at 80% 90% for throttle.
Well you got a granite that is geared to 70 mph on 4s.

I use the stock 3S pinion with the steel spur and it even held up with the 6S system in it. I think u probably had the mesh too tight

Dang a 6s system on the granite...3s is already a wheely party.

4S and 3500kv motor? Has anyone else noticed this? Christ Almighty.

Same notion on the fpv drone side. So many kvs to cell count before you are just killing batteries vs flying hehehe.

I recently switched to 15t on my kraton 4s? My hobbyshop had a 14t robbinson pinion but was 5 times the price i have worn down a few stock pinions because of my gearmesh being too loose

Well you got a granite that is geared to 70 mph on 4s.
It is true but at this time tire ballooning from the stock dboot tires is so important than I can drive it at max speed.

Same notion on the fpv drone side. So many kvs to cell count before you are just killing batteries vs flying hehehe.
My first Rc machine was a racing drone. I tune my Granite like a Racing drone: put throttle at 50 % to run. When is time to do flip or jump you need to increase/reduce just a few degrees on the throttle stick. Since I never use it at full throttle it is not killing my batterys.
I recently switched to 15t on my kraton 4s? My hobbyshop had a 14t robbinson pinion but was 5 times the price i have worn down a few stock pinions because of my gearmesh being too loose
About what I learn on my Arrma Granite, gear mesh need to be on the tight side to reduce the wear. ( this time it was to tight I know) I was thinking to use 13T pinion coming from the 4S line. Do you have better durability with stock 13T pinion?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back