Kraton Motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey everyone these are unprecedented times, my rigs are running with no issues
So I need a project thinking of a 4s kraton/ typhon for dirt track speed bashing and long jumps. Two cheap motors have caught my eye.

1 Surpass hobby 3670 2650kv 86a 18.5v
2 surpass hobby kk 3670 2650kv 95a 16.5v
Am I right in thinking that the higher amp motor would run a bit quicker slightly hotter and a bit less runtime. Or is the difference negligible. Its all new to me looking into amps and volts. Thanks for any input.

I might be incorrect here, but i'm pretty sure those will be the exact same motor. I would attribute the discrepancy to product listing issues. Max voltage on a motor is dictated by 1) quality of components and 2) KV rating / RPM limit.

1) Higher quality components (or better built designs) allow you get to higher RPMs (as TP motors and Castle show with RPM limits on some motors in the 70k to 100k range). Unless you want to assume that one of those surpass hobby motors is built differently from the other -- which i don't think is likely -- then they should be exactly the same.

2) Every motor has an RPM limit based on how it's built. KV means how many RPMs per volt applied on a no load spinning motor. The KV is the same between these, so i don't see any performance differences from that.

Ultimately, even if there is a difference between the two, the difference will probably be very negligible. Both will be 4s max motors. Buy whichever is cheaper, IMO.

Thanks for the reply. Both motors are on ali express so the info is probably off the mark anyway

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back