Motor replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRick88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
Looking for ideas on different motor replacements for a Typhon 3s

What pinion were you runnin on this? I grabbed a motor, and I'm ordering a max 10 sct today. I have a feeling some more broken parts are in my near future... ?

Which truck is this going in?

I have a Racerstar 3660 3800kv in my Granite. Decent motor for cheap.

Be aware that if you get a bigger motor, the stock ESC wont like it, and will probably overheat or fail.

The stock Senton 3s BLX with the standard 20t pinion should top at around 55 mph. @Rich Duperbash is running Granite wheels so that would bump the stock setup to 66 mph. Going with a 3050kv motor and Granite wheels would put it at 63 mph. To get that setup down to 55 mph you would need a 17t (53 mph) or 18t (56 mph) pinion.

For the stock Granite/BRCC, the max speed is around 49 mph. Going 3050kv will lower it to 47 mph. Go with a 16t pinion to gain back the 2 mph.

I have a Racerstar 3660 3800kv in my Granite. Decent motor for cheap.

Be aware that if you get a bigger motor, the stock ESC wont like it, and will probably overheat or fail.

The Castle Mamba X is $144 while the HW Max10 SCT is $85. Putting price aside, which do you think would perform better in the 1/10 scale Arrma trucks? Or would you say they essentially perform the same with the exception of smoother starts and data logging for the Mamba X? Just curious.

The mamba x is superior in almost every way, but that’s a no crap, it’s $150 lol.

Sensored, handles way more amps, runs cooler because of that, can handle super long 3674 motors, and you can run 6s without issues on that esc.

Also has insane programming like other castle esc’s and features data logging.

But realize a max10 SCT will be more than enough, a mamba x would be overkill.

Which truck is this going in?

I'm putting this in one of my Granites. I have the winged lwb one that I just put together that has the hw 3652 in it that just feels underpowered now. I'll probably drop it in there. I might then try the max 10 that came with the 3652 in the blx and see if it takes care of the cogging.

I'm putting this in one of my Granites. I have the winged lwb one that I just put together that has the hw 3652 in it that just feels underpowered now. I'll probably drop it in there. I might then try the max 10 that came with the 3652 in the blx and see if it takes care of the cogging.

What esc are you running in the winged lwb Granite? Is it the Max10? If you move it to the BLX, what would you run to go with themthe 3670 motor?

What esc are you running in the winged lwb Granite? Is it the Max10? If you move it to the BLX, what would you run to go with themthe 3670 motor?
I'm thinking 3670 & max10 sct in the lwb, and then the max10 that came with the 3652 in the blx. The 3652 max10 is not the sct one, but I'm hoping it's a little better than the blx 100 esc.

I'm thinking 3670 & max10 sct in the lwb, and then the max10 that came with the 3652 in the blx. The 3652 max10 is not the sct one, but I'm hoping it's a little better than the blx 100 esc.

I honestly don’t think there is much difference between the Max10 and the BLX100. You definitely want the SCT version for the 3670. But the regular Max10 is 60 amp esc. I think it’s going to have the same issues as the BLX100.

I honestly don’t think there is much difference between the Max10 and the BLX100. You definitely want the SCT version for the 3670. But the regular Max10 is 60 amp esc. I think it’s going to have the same issues as the BLX100.
I have a sneaky suspicion you're right about the max10, but I think it's worth a try. It would probably be smart to just pull the power module from the blx and try it in the lwb on max10 before I swap esc's. I have plenty of time since the SCT is at least a week out. I am excited that the max10 sct only cost me 10 bucks out of pocket. I had a ton of gas station reward points that got me some Amazon gift cards again. And most of the points were earned on a company gas card!

The Castle Mamba X is $144 while the HW Max10 SCT is $85. Putting price aside, which do you think would perform better in the 1/10 scale Arrma trucks? Or would you say they essentially perform the same with the exception of smoother starts and data logging for the Mamba X? Just curious.
My .02-

For a basher running senseless, BEC set to the same voltage in both, I bet 98% of us bashers could not tell a difference.

But, add sensor running, data logging, better BEC, more programming options, USA design and support, and a advertisement dept, and you get the price difference.

I'd hope, but not bet, that the Castle would be higher quality in the actual internal build.

I don’t own any sensored esc’s because I bash so hard id probably smash the motor’s sensor board, just saying it was sensored.

For all my castle esc’s I’ve owned (over 10) I’ve had only 1 failure and that was my MMM and it was 8 years old.

The stock Senton 3s BLX with the standard 20t pinion should top at around 55 mph. @Rich Duperbash is running Granite wheels so that would bump the stock setup to 66 mph. Going with a 3050kv motor and Granite wheels would put it at 63 mph. To get that setup down to 55 mph you would need a 17t (53 mph) or 18t (56 mph) pinion.

For the stock Granite/BRCC, the max speed is around 49 mph. Going 3050kv will lower it to 47 mph. Go with a 16t pinion to gain back the 2 mph.
you a math wizard or something.....impressive!!

What pinion were you runnin on this? I grabbed a motor, and I'm ordering a max 10 sct today. I have a feeling some more broken parts are in my near future... ?
I'm still running the stock Senton 20T. Doing a rebuild on her and swapping in the HR motor mount, all sealed bearings, Tbone bumpers....etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back