Typhon Motor Running Drive Shaft not turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcarroll357

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Took Typhon 3S out for second run today,ran pretty good for about 15 minutes then drive shaft stopped turning,motor is running but not turning shaft.So I am guessing either gears gor stripped or broke in transmission not sure but it sucks.Brand new still a baby only got 1 1/2 runs and troubles already.Is this a common problem and if so whats the fix for it.

Thank's

Took Typhon 3S out for second run today,ran pretty good for about 15 minutes then drive shaft stopped turning,motor is running but not turning shaft.So I am guessing either gears gor stripped or broke in transmission not sure but it sucks.Brand new still a baby only got 1 1/2 runs and troubles already.Is this a common problem and if so whats the fix for it.

Thank's
Did the pinion on the motor shaft come loose or is it or the spur gear missing any teeth? The stock pinions are known to be pretty crappy.

not sure but drive shaft when turned manually turns front wheels only,i pulled it back where its spring loaded and appears to be engaging in diff properly not sure how to get to gears don't want to tear it up to new is there any youtube videos on how to get to gear you are talking about.Appreictae the quick come back.
Tim

not sure but drive shaft when turned manually turns front wheels only,i pulled it back where its spring loaded and appears to be engaging in diff properly not sure how to get to gears don't want to tear it up to new is there any youtube videos on how to get to gear you are talking about.Appreictae the quick come back.
Tim

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mega-4x4-how-to-videos.5498/

Watch the "removing power module" one. Once the power module is out, you can open it and check the spur and pinion gears.

OK did that they seem to be fine,would it be possible that the slipper gear would be out of adjustment.?

Thank's

ok well I did notice that the motor and mount was hot when this happened so not sure if that could have caused the slippage to get out of whack but will give that a shot and see what it does
Thank's

I looked into adjusting the slipper gear but no luck on that,guess I will have to get a hold of Tower Hobbies and see what they have to say about it.

Take the body off. True the truck back into the rear wheels like it's doing a wheelie. Roll it forwards. Does the center driveshaft turn at all? So the same on the front wheels. Does the center driveshaft turn then?

Yes on both back and front,looked again at owners manual and it said to take drive shaft off and tighten clockwise to adjust slipper gear.Did that went back outside worked for a few minutes started slipping again maybe I need to turn it some more.
Thank's
Tim

Tighten it as much as you can then loosen it a quarter turn. Usually that’s a good rule of thumb on slippers. #teamcenterdiff

My blackout xbe pro is brand new and the drive ahaft has stopped putting power to the front wheels idk what to do

Tim
Since it is rather new with little use, I bet the Motor mount screws simply loosened up, best case. Use some Blue Threadlocker on the Motor mount screws. Setting the mesh properly. Let cure for 24 hours before running it. Worst case the Spur gear is already stripped and/or the Spur/ Pinion Mesh was set poorly at the factory. QC issues out the box abound with these. All the Arrma models. Always check everything as best you can before running any RTR . Any RTR brand or model.
They are Not truly Ready to Run. Been there many times.
Time to pull out the Power Module assy. per the manual, and have a look see. Get used to how it gets removed. You will need to do this whenever you work on any of the drivetrain components, going forward. It's all muscle memory. Doing it over and over.
Have a close look at the Slipper Clutch also, to make sure it did not fail. Possibly slipping??
Start wrenching.:) The fun part of RC'ing IMHO. 80% of it is Wrenching. Driving is the other 20%. How I see RC.
Have a decent set of Hand hex drivers at the ready, if you don't already.
"L" hex wrenches don't really cut it IMHO.

Last edited:
My blackout xbe pro is brand new and the drive ahaft has stopped putting power to the front wheels idk what to do

1691167968526.png

Since it is rather new with little use, I bet the Motor mount screws simply loosened up, best case. Use some Blue Threadlocker on the Motor mount screws. Setting the mesh properly. Let cure for 24 hours before running it. Worst case the Spur gear is already stripped and/or the Spur/ Pinion Mesh was set poorly at the factory. QC issues out the box abound with these. All the Arrma models. Always check everything as best you can before running any RTR . Any RTR brand or model.
Time to pull out the Power Module assy. per the manual, and have a look see. Get used to how it gets removed. You will need to do this whenever you work on any of the drivetrain components, going forward. It's all muscle memory. Doing it over and over.
Have a close look at the Slipper Clutch also, to make sure it did not fail. Possibly slipping??
Start wrenching.:) The fun part of RC'ing IMHO. 80% of it is Wrenching. Driving is the other 20%. How I see RC.

Last seen Feb 5, 2019

I tightened the shaft after looking at it and it ran for a little bit buy then loosened again 10 minutes later

I was a young lad back then.:ROFLMAO:

I tightened the shaft after looking at it and it ran for a little bit buy then loosened again 10 minutes later
Can you explain better what was tightened, then loosened again???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back