Talion Motor screws keep backing out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy831

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Not sure if there is a thread out there about this.

Hello All,

Been having issues with motor gear staying mesh with center diff. I have tried red/blue Loctite multiple times and letting it sit for 24hours. Those 2 bolts holding the motor keep loosing it up. also rotated motor to use other bolt holes still having issues. I can never run a full battery on it, every 2 min that motor gear pinion keeps coming loose.

Any ideas how to keep that on or has anybody has had this issue.

Please help tired of repairing the same issue over and over LOL.

Thanks Guys,

So what exactly is the problem?

When you say "Those 2 bolts holding the motor keep loosing it up. also rotated motor to use other bolt holes still having issues." it sounds like you are having problems with the screws that hold the motor to the motor mount.

Then you say "I can never run a full battery on it, every 2 min that motor gear pinion keeps coming loose." which makes it sound like the set screw is coming loose which holds the pinion on the motor shaft.

upload_2018-6-6_11-57-24.png

Yes finally replaced those bolts, still gave me the same issue. Im thinking it has to do with something on the motor itself.
I've only had it for few months. I am not jumping this car crazy or like other videos I've seen lol. I was thinking in just buying a new motor see if that works.

AR723410 and did rotate but had to get smaller bolts and now im trying the smaller holes on the motor itself.
AR723410 kept coming loose that's the main issue. sorry still new to all this and explaning lol

your not new u been driving for a while get longer screws and loctite them bro

AR723410 and did rotate but had to get smaller bolts and now im trying the smaller holes on the motor itself.
AR723410 kept coming loose that's the main issue. sorry still new to all this and explaning lol
I'm not sure what you are trying to explain, but DON'T use smaller/shorter bolts/screws on the motor. Also make sure you clean screw threads before applying the locktite/threadlock, and tighten screws really well before threadlock dries. Are you using blue or red threadlock, or sounds like a mix you are using maybe?

Try taking the motor off and cleaning out the screw holes with some alcohol and a q-tip. New screws usually have a coat of oil on them so they don't corrode or rust when in storage. It's a good idea to wash those as well before assembling them. Also clean where the heads make contact on the mount itself.

your not new u been driving for a while get longer screws and loctite them bro

Talking about the Thread not driving. Explaining something on here when I have no idea what im talking about LOL
Not all know as much as you do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back