Typhon Motor screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigcheck

smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
Morning everyone, so I've come to fit my adjustable motor mount in my 3s Typhon and found the screws from the standard mount wont work/fit the adjustable one. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what size i need? The original screws have a none threaded length on them and won't go through the mounting holes.

Attachments

• 15794270927091558953168666377587.jpg
    15794270927091558953168666377587.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 101
Not sure on that one but try using the original screws or random screw I did. I have hot racing motor mount on my 6s it was random screw I used
Hi thanks for that but while i fishing about for suitable screws I decided to try a new 27t pinion on only to find it wont fit. I bought the adjustable mount thinking i could get a larger pinion on and you cant without elongating the mounting holes. so Its all back in the bag now

Is it close enough to just file the holes bigger to get stock to fit? The tighter the tolerances they better for you it will be.

Is it close enough to just file the holes bigger to get stock to fit? The tighter the tolerances they better for you it will be.
Hi,my filing skills leave a lot to be desired. I probably couldn't keep the hole parallel

When I got my BLX adjustable mount the M3 screws wouldn't go in either all I did was a little filing on the slotted holes and it works fine now. Also in the description of the mount its says 10t to 26t pinions ?‍♂️

When I got my BLX adjustable mount the M3 screws wouldn't go in either all I did was a little filing on the slotted holes and it works fine now. Also in the description of the mount its says 10t to 26t pinions ?‍♂️
Hi, I missed the description part lol!

Hi,my filing skills leave a lot to be desired. I probably couldn't keep the hole parallel
Oh they don't have to be. The important part is the face and rear of the mount.

its the 3s blx
Not the truck, the plate. They make an adjustable plate for the Mega. And they also make one for the BLX. Can you take a picture of the whole mount? It was cut off in the first image above.

Not the truck, the plate. They make an adjustable plate for the Mega. And they also make one for the BLX. Can you take a picture of the whole mount? It was cut off in the first image above.

Attachments

• IMG_20200119_163937.jpg
    IMG_20200119_163937.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 42
Yeah that’s the correct one. Are your motor screws caked in thread lock? Why won’t the motor screws fit? I will have to check which mount I’m running in my Typhon. It may be the HR plate. I own both the HR and Arrma adjustable plates. I know I’ve ran the 27T but that may have been after I made the spool. I actually have a 29T in there now, but that’s with a lot of cutting and the spool. I don’t remember the largest I could run with the 57T spur. My spool is a 37T and I also have a 34T spool that I haven’t ran yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back