Motor Servo upgrade for the Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GAMERSCHILLIN@UTUBE

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys im new here just ordered the Nero i have watched several YouTube videos and from what i can tell the only complaints i really found were the servos. If this is the case what are you guys upgrading with? I have been out of the game for some time and am new to electric only had Nitro trucks before. So any advice is greatly appreciated. Also isthere any other upgrades i should consider?

I would just tighten the steering servo saver first, mine steered fine after that. But I jumped the gun and ordered a Hi-tec 7950tg,, it's a very nice servo, Nero is a heavy truck, I'm running that servo @ 7.4v with a CC BEC

I would just tighten the steering servo saver first, mine steered fine after that. But I jumped the gun and ordered a Hi-tec 7950tg,, it's a very nice servo, Nero is a heavy truck, I'm running that servo @ 7.4v with a CC BEC
OK ty i will be sure to do that first. Is there anything else i should consider?

The servo is all you found? Really?

I would move the motor wires from in between the shocks, totally reinforce the rear body with shoe goo and drywall tape, CLP every piece of metal, prepare for rocker arm and rod end replacements, and consider replacing all of the non-sealed bearings with sealed bearings. And I would do all of those things 100 times before replacing the servo. But that's just me.

The servo is all you found? Really?

I would move the motor wires from in between the shocks, totally reinforce the rear body with shoe goo and drywall tape, CLP every piece of metal, prepare for rocker arm and rod end replacements, and consider replacing all of the non-sealed bearings with sealed bearings. And I would do all of those things 100 times before replacing the servo. But that's just me.
Ok TY i just dug a little deeper and found some more things and after reading on here see there are some issues. As expected with anything you take out and beat the crap out of.

I ordered a nero monday and have a new 7950tg also i plan on swapping into my truck, with running 4s will i need to use a bec also ? I know the hitec is only rated to run in 2s....

I ordered a nero monday and have a new 7950tg also i plan on swapping into my truck, with running 4s will i need to use a bec also ? I know the hitec is only rated to run in 2s....
No the bec is to get 7.4 volts to the servo. Without it you are still getting 6.0 volts (on 4s or 6s) which is fine and won't hurt your servo. Downside is the servo isn't as powerful at 6.0 than it is at 7.4. Arrma doesn't allow us to switch the setting on the esc to 7.4 because their diff servos can only handle 6.0. This is why some people are buying the castle bec..so they can get 7.4.

So in short, install servo, if it's not powerful enough for your likings, use the bec. If it's powerful enough, you're good to go.

Ah yes thank you ! I am accustomed to running 1/5 gas and i just use 2s lipo rx packs in my baja, makes sense now !!!

Ah yes thank you ! I am accustomed to running 1/5 gas and i just use 2s lipo rx packs in my baja, makes sense now !!!
I started out with gas too. There's a slight learning curve but worth the lessons learned. Still have one gas model but it doesn't get used much. The neighbors appreciate it too haha!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back