Senton Motor shaft can't come off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
My motor sounds weird and gets hot on 50%. And it's stuck there and can't remove it any easy way?
16693763563972883225804128735317.jpg
16693763734141140965180434248676.jpg
shaft

Unless the end of the shaft is peened over, it should come out. Clamp the end of the rotor in a padded vise and pull on the can if it’s giving you that much trouble.

Push it back in position and check for any peening/burrs on the motor shaft that is keeping it from passing through the inner race of the bearing.

You could brute force it but that might result in needing to replace the bearing.

Its most likely the shaft, u might have to sacrifice the bearing.. it seems that its seized to the shaft!?
Nm I see you got it most of the way.. must be bent!?

Last edited:
I would just tap it out with a mallet or small hammer. New set of bearings is a good idea anyway. Shaft could be slightly bent or chipped preventing it from sliding through the bearing.

Armature is bricked. Toss the whole motor.
Need a new motor.
Need to maintain your next new motor periodically. Open and Disassemble ( be mindful of shim placement), flushing out with Electrical contact spray BB's and all. Inspect the parts well. Lube the 2 BB's with a synthetic oil. Reassemble.
Preventive maintenance needed on BLX motors. They will last for years and years this way. Motor fan(s) are a necessity. Overheated Armature causes Armature and BB failure. The Armature Wrapping separates and explodes within the Motor's Can and gets stuck in there. NG.
Common to also Replace BB's when they wear out. Neglecting this can ruin the Armature. Perhaps this happened in your case.
I use Ceramic BB replacements. (Motor Specific type) Worth the 2 nickels more over standard Chromium Motor BB's.

Last edited:
Push it back in position and check for any peening/burrs on the motor shaft that is keeping it from passing through the inner race of the bearing.

You could brute force it but that might result in needing to replace the bearing.
If it is getting hot and overheating the bearing is more than likely toast already.

Stop wasting your time on that motor. It is junk already.
Just Buy another.;)
Just don't neglect the new one. Or you will end up with another Paper Weight.

Stop wasting your time on that motor. It is junk already.
Just Buy another.;)
Just don't neglect the new one. Or you will end up with another Paper Weight.
16693954733653170729367514677491.jpg

Got it out little of a burnt motor smell. Bearings are fine but stuck.
I would just tap it out with a mallet or small hammer. New set of bearings is a good idea anyway. Shaft could be slightly bent or chipped preventing it from sliding through the bearing.
IMG20221125191556.jpg
IMG20221125191549.jpg

Nothing looks out of place.

Last edited:
The shafts are junk.
The BB's are stuck because the BB's inner race started to Gall out onto the shaft. You can try your luck with a new set of BB's there. You may find the inner races are seized onto the shafts however. Try using Heat on the BB's to remove them from the shaft. Worst case the BB races separate/ BB's come apart and the inner race remains onto the shaft. A bit harder to deal with.
BB's became dry of lube and overheated. Just lack of maintenance or plain worn out. Ceramics will probably do better. I sometimes replace new motor BB's with Ceramic BB's when New. My speed runners Usually. Stocker BB's aren't all that. With Bashing I lube the stockers every 15 -20 runs give or take depending. And every time I remove the motor for other reasons while it is out of the chassis.
Been there with this scenario. Motor/BB's weren't maintained enough.
If the Shafts cannot be cleaned up well enough or are too worn where the BB's sit, the new BB's will have Slop at the inner race/shaft. Motor armature will be shortlived anyway.
It's your call. Try new BB's or just a new motor. If you can' remove the BB's effectively without further Armature damage, just order a new motor.
I always smear a bit of grease onto the shafts before installing New BB's. I find this can prevent galling when the BB's do fail. Motor's are all about protecting the Armatures. They are NOT replaceable as a part, 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Th shafts are junk.
The BB's are stuck because the BB's inner race started to gall out onto the shaft. You can try your luck with a new set of BB's there.
Been there with this scenario. Motor/BB's weren't maintained enough.
If the Shafts cannot be cleaned up well enough or are too worn where the BB's sit, the new BB's will have slop at the shaft. Motor armature will be shortlived anyway.
It's your call. Try new BB's or just a new motor.
I always smear a bit of grease onto the shafts befre installing New BB's. I find this can prevent galling when the BB's do fail. Motor's are all about protecting the armature. They are NOT replaceable as a part, 99% of the time
New motor it is. This one was overvolted anyway. Time to actually buy a kraton motor.

Hey you got your money's worth.
Just maintain the new one a bit better.
I can't overemphasize the value of going Ceramics with Motor BB's. Even with a new motor out the box. They also need the same maintneance. Just that they run cooler and have more precision. Worth the few coins more . Motors should literally last for years and years this way. Just by cleaning, lubing and replacing the BB's periodically.
Jim's BB's and TRBRC make decent Ceramic or standard Chromium ABEC rated Motor BB's.

Hey you got your money's worth.
Just maintain the new one a bit better.
I can't overemphasize the value of going Ceramics with Motor BB's. Even with a new motor out the box. They also need the same maintneance. Just that they run cooler and have more precision. Worth the few coins more . Motors should literally last for years and years this way. Just by cleaning, lubing and replacing the BB's periodically.
Jim's BB's and TRBRC make decent Ceramic or standard Chromium ABEC rated Motor BB's.
Will do in a year or two I'm taking a break from rc parts buying because I wanna save up for a computer. Hope nothing breaks till then 👍 thanks for the help. Love always broken Senton 💀

Yeah just preventive maintenance alone can save you alot on $parts$.
Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back