Motor Swaps

Thread starter #1

KDock0906

Arrma RC's
Typhon
What is the big deal with people buying a $450 car and swapping the motor out. Why not buy a roller and add what you want. Am I missing anything here.

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma doesn't sell them as a roller and until recently, they weren't readily available on ebay except in pieces, if you were lucky.

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
What is the big deal with people buying a $450 car and swapping the motor out. Why not buy a roller and add what you want. Am I missing anything here.
I just think it’s ppl who have extra motors laying around and just experimenting maybe

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
I just think it’s ppl who have extra motors laying around and just experimenting maybe
Seems people are seeking more power and speed as well. Hard to imagine... the arrma trucks are so brutal with power on 6S. Then again, a larger esc/motor will allow you to bash longer and harder without overheating.

Krathead

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Why would someone want to buy a whole other car just to have a different motor when they can just swap it out? Not sure I understand your question. They would end up spending another $450. They already own one car. Just swap the motor.

Hypnotoad

Probably don't like the stock setup, or just want even more power. Nothing wrong with more power. Even though my Typhon shreds tires with the stock electronics no problem.