Motor test on a kill mode 2900x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So I decided to do a motor test on the castle link and all was good til I pull full throttle and smoke started to pour out the motor so I stopped ... wtf just happened is this normal????
Now the motor is locked up .... I think I just fried my almost brand new tp ?

So I decided to do a motor test on the castle link and all was good til I pull full throttle and smoke started to pour out the motor so I stopped ... wtf just happened is this normal????
Now the motor is locked up .... I think I just fried my almost brand new tp ?
What voltage were you using? 6S or 8S? What timing?

Bearing is fine on first cap shaft is basically locked. Is there any salvageing this thing
Not sure, where did you buy it? I too have a MMX8S and tp 4260cm 2080kv. I did the motor test on 8S (yes I'm brave) and it tested fine, scary but fine. I returned a 4070cm no problem and bought from Island Hobby. The rotors are sleeved in metal tubing. They also have hand fitted shims, one of those might have let go. Contact your seller
Oh and you can pull the rotor with vise grips from the front without having to remove the kv sticker or back cap

I bought it from kill mode rc . Yes it was quite scary when white smoke started pouring out the can. Going to contact kill mode or tp power cause this motor hasent ever been brought up to max rpm she was a freshy just venting sooo pissed

I thought the same way until I spoke to KillMode. Apparently the castle motor test is for castle motors and similar. A 4070cm spins to fast and powerful and apparently never to be run on full throttle without a pinion on it . This is what I was told . He said he knows of several that were fried during that castle motor test. $89 and I’m back in business ??
A4EDBF89-F5C7-4AD6-9285-5FFBE8C6EE49.jpeg

Well killmode just lost a sell based on this thread. I was about to pull the trigger and buy one from killmode rc but that is ridiculous to not stand behind a sell because of a test where no pinion was used. Is that stated in and paperwork that comes with the motor that this will void a warranty?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back