Senton Motor timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
I tried reading numerous threads on this topic but still don't entirely understand. What I did understand is that lowering or retarding the timing will run your motor cooler as well as increase run time? If thats the case, seems beneficial. Can this be done on a stock Senton brushless motor? Is it worth it? Etc. Spectrum 3200kv with blx100 esc. Any insight would be appreciated!

Having said that, any advantages to upgrading to a firma 130a esc, while keeping stock motor?
I think they are basically identical in function. If you look at the specs, they aren't too far apart at all. Although the 130a has a few more programming options that aren't available on the 120a. that's about all i've seen.

I put a Firma 120A ESC (SPMXSE1120) in my Senton and I can adjust timing, but only via my laptop using the ESC Programming Box (SPMXCA200) and version 1.0.9 of the Smartlink ESC Programmer, er, program.... Perhaps the retail version of the 120A yes, the RTR ones no? I bought mine from the LHS.

When I first installed it, it was running faster in reverse than forward. After much research (on this Forum) and lots of trial and error, I narrowed it down to the timing being set to high. After a quick trip to "home depot" to get the box, Smartlink showed that it was set to 22 degrees! I read somewhere that 15 was supposed to be the default, so I set it to that and the problem was solved.

I put a Firma 120A ESC (SPMXSE1120) in my Senton and I can adjust timing, but only via my laptop using the ESC Programming Box (SPMXCA200) and version 1.0.9 of the Smartlink ESC Programmer, er, program.... Perhaps the retail version of the 120A yes, the RTR ones no? I bought mine from the LHS.

When I first installed it, it was running faster in reverse than forward. After much research (on this Forum) and lots of trial and error, I narrowed it down to the timing being set to high. After a quick trip to "home depot" to get the box, Smartlink showed that it was set to 22 degrees! I read somewhere that 15 was supposed to be the default, so I set it to that and the problem was solved.
If it's running faster in reverse than forward I think you either need to reverse your throttle or switch 2 motor wires? I don't think the motor timing would have any effect on that. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Hmmm.... I will have to investigate that further then! Thank you for the tip.
& I'm not very knowledgeable about the spektrum 3s or 4s line but I do know that the factory setting on the 150 is a ridiculously high 22.5°(?) so they really need to be lowered as well so the motor doesn't grenade. I think I may have gone down to 11 or something like that

If it's running faster in reverse than forward I think you either need to reverse your throttle or switch 2 motor wires? I don't think the motor timing would have any effect on that. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong
You're right, after looking over my notes, it was changing the motor rotation that fixed this. But ya, timing is adjustable on the Firma 120A ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back