Motor to ESC connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingpin

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
TP4070 1700kv to Mamba Monster X 8S ESC.
6.5mm or 8.0mm?

I am looking for a connector similar to stock mechanically.
Like a soldered quick connect with a silicone sleeve so it's waterproof.
I know I can just use a bullet connector with shrink wrap but I wanted something easily detachable.

6.5mm or 8.0mm?

I know I can just use a bullet connector with shrink wrap but I wanted something easily detachable.
They quick disconnect from the ESC so why do you need innerconnects on the wire too?

I’m also wondering what connectors / bullets to use in my rig when my motor comes... are XT90’s just out of the question? I guess I probably should have figured that one out before I put some on it ??‍♂️... are EC5’s any “better” than the xt90?

Or is this gonna be one of those, yea your gonna have to use bullets situations? Ha

6.5mm or 8.0mm?

The MMX8s uses 6.5mm bullet connections into the base of the ESC. I don't believe 8mm would benefit you above 6.5mm.
For ESC to motor Bullets are the way to go. When you have 3 connections in close proximity large connections can get bulky.

I’m also wondering what connectors / bullets to use in my rig when my motor comes... are XT90’s just out of the question? I guess I probably should have figured that one out before I put some on it ??‍♂️... are EC5’s any “better” than the xt90?

Or is this gonna be one of those, yea your gonna have to use bullets situations? Ha
I don't have any huge motors (biggest is a 4075 2000kv BLX200), and I use the 4.5mm bullets from the XT90 for most of my cars. My Castle cars use the 6.5 bullets just because the MM6X has 6.5mm plugs built in. One of my cars, the motor leads are too short, so I have some pigtails, 4.5mm on the motor end, and 6.5mm on the ESC end.

I don't have any huge motors (biggest is a 4075 2000kv BLX200), and I use the 4.5mm bullets from the XT90 for most of my cars. My Castle cars use the 6.5 bullets just because the MM6X has 6.5mm plugs built in. One of my cars, the motor leads are too short, so I have some pigtails, 4.5mm on the motor end, and 6.5mm on the ESC end.
Just got a mess of castle connectors.. I think 6.5 will be adequate. Thanks for the input

They quick disconnect from the ESC so why do you need innerconnects on the wire too?
That's a good point. LOL
Most motor to ESC connectors are just bullets. They are pretty easy to detach, and are about as waterproof as any hobby connector. If you want a plug, only the Amass XT plugs have a tri-plug "MT" version, but I think it maxes out at the 3mm 60a size.

The XT150's come in 3-color sets, they are 6mm -
https://www.amazon.com/6Pairs-Conne...d=1&keywords=xt150+plug&qid=1592912923&sr=8-4
Man I searched for hours and couldn't find anything remotely close to those. Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back