Vorteks Motor upgrade for Arrma Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonrcguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
I've had my Arrma Vorteks for about a year and it's time for an upgrade on the motor, any suggestions? Also debating between the Fury BLS and the Arrma Senton. I've always had 2wd, do I need 4wd? I just run for fun

Not sure what your budget is but Hobbyking has some great deals right now on their east coast warehouse.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ss_Power_System_4000KV_80A_AR_Warehouse_.html
Thanks for the info, it's a great price. I know nothing about brand quality on any of them. Good and bad on all it seems

Not sure what your budget is but Hobbyking has some great deals right now on their east coast warehouse.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ss_Power_System_4000KV_80A_AR_Warehouse_.html
I'm planning on about $150

If you are just bashing you can't go wrong with the power and reliability that the castle sct system offers. It ranges from $95 to $110 depending where you get it. I wouldn't be surprised if that $30 combo I posted earlier ran just as strong though.

Another option that gets great reviews is the turnigy trackstar motors like the one linked here.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._ESC_and_Motor_Combo_13_5T_AR_Warehouse_.html
I haven't upgraded to lipo yet so can I run 8.4 nimh on brushless or just lipo?

I haven't upgraded to LiPo yet so can I run 8.4 NiMh on brushless or just LiPo?
You can run on nimh but you are really missing out by not switching to lipo. I would invest in lipo and go cheaper on the brushless system. It will run circles around the best brushless on nimh.

Imagine having double the power and having it from beginning of the charge till the end. And that is what lipo is like.

My setup is a $24 accucell 6 with a $7 power supply running $27+shipping smc lipos. So it's really not even any more expensive.

Ever since I had a 2wd Nitro Rustler way back in the day, I've always gone with a 4wd RC whenever I can. 4wd gives way better traction and control to my opinion.

The only thing that holds me back from going to HK is the shipping cost.
Unless it's in the USA East or West, the low price is defeated.
Or so my research has turned up.

The only thing that holds me back from going to HK is the shipping cost.
Unless it's in the USA East or West, the low price is defeated.
Or so my research has turned up.
I have only ordered from the USA east warehouse. And it came really fast(to west coast). Got a roar approved 17.5t motor, roar approved 80a esc, and a program box for $73 shipped. I don't think anything that is roar approved for stock class comes anywhere close to that. The icing on the cake is my buggy seems to run stronger than the other stock class setups I have battled with on the track. And I'm pretty sure they are running high $$$ setups.
That is my limited exposure to HK. So far I'm really happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back