Motor Upgrade recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godfella691981

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have an Arrma Typhon 3s BLX, I would like to upgrade the motor on it but I do not want to order the wrong size. According to Arrma the stock BLX motor is a 3060 3200kv. Well when I do a search I cant find a motor with the same diameter can, I have found plenty 36 diameter motors but no 30s. I would like to keep the stock ESC if possible.
I have a 20t pinion installed in it right now, If I had a faster motor with and installed the 26t pinion it should be pretty fast.

Upgrading motor you're ideally going to want to upgrade esc. Size wise your more concerned with motor length not the diameter when it comes to fitment issues. Another thing to Consider is going to a lower KV you're going to start breaking stock parts depending what size motor you run and your gearing. From your post it looks that you just want to run a bigger pinion which would make you want a motor with lower kv than the stock 3660 3200kv in these models.

I have an Arrma Typhon 3s BLX, I would like to upgrade the motor on it but I do not want to order the wrong size. According to Arrma the stock BLX motor is a 3060 3200kv. Well when I do a search I cant find a motor with the same diameter can, I have found plenty 36 diameter motors but no 30s. I would like to keep the stock ESC if possible.
I have a 20t pinion installed in it right now, If I had a faster motor with and installed the 26t pinion it should be pretty fast.
The BLX100 is a 3660 size motor, not 3060. I'd be more concerned about the ESC.

Out of curiosity, why kind of speed are you looking for? With the 20t pinion you have on it now you should be around 55 mph which is pretty fast for a small, lightweight plastic buggy.

Out of curiosity, why kind of speed are you looking for? With the 20t pinion you have on it now you should be around 55 mph which is pretty fast for a small, lightweight plastic buggy.

+1, anything over 50 is uncontrollable.

Oh, thanks for correcting me on the size, when I did a google search for the specs of the motor it said it was 30mm width. I thought it was odd everything I saw was 36.

I wanted to try and get the speed up to around 70mph, and I figured if I kept the stock motor and went to a 26t pinion that the motor would overheat

Oh, thanks for correcting me on the size, when I did a google search for the specs of the motor it said it was 30mm width. I thought it was odd everything I saw was 36.

I wanted to try and get the speed up to around 70mph, and I figured if I kept the stock motor and went to a 26t pinion that the motor would overheat
You will quickly realize why you shouldn’t go that speed.. you’ll need new batteries and tires at that point because of the extra speed and amps. Don’t forget the esc upgrade.

By the time I bought a good motor and esc, batteries and better tires it would almost be cheaper to buy a new 6s model Typhon, Kraton or Talion. Then I would just need the car and battery.

I think the light Typhon 3s BLX would go airborne at 70 mph.

Are there any motors that work with the stock esc on the typhon 3s? The spektrum it came with detonated after about 10 runs. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back