Infraction Motor upgrade/ stock esc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hey there all! I'm looking to upgrade the performance of my infraction. I don't need or want 8s, I'm not trying to break land speed records either. Just a real powerful fun..well, everything it already IS..I just want a bit more. I'm thinking Poseidons 1512-c26 with the otherwise stock setup. I would love some thoughts/ suggestions!? Thanks!

If you just want a bit more of..... something? And not for speed runs... have you played with your gearing at all? The Pos. 1512-b26 (1200 watts sustained/2650kv) may be a bit much on 6S for that Stock blx185 ESC. Temps can get hot enough with just the 2050 BLX motor. Don't quote me. Let others chime in. My opinion only.
I have a Lim. that I am configuring. But using Stock Infr. Elect. and a Spool which is standard on the Lim. The Infr. has a center diff.(no spool) That Poseiden's a great motor that needs a great ESC to get the job done with, strong motor fans and logical gearing all considered

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea to run a Hobbywing Max 5 combo in the infraction? Seems like you could gear it up and keep temps low?

Would it be a good idea to run a Hobbywing Max 5 combo in the infraction? Seems like you could gear it up and keep temps low?
1/6 or 1/5 systems will have lots of power and run cooler. I highly agree with this idea. You may have to trim/cut the plastic esc tray to fit but should be easy to do.

I saw the Max5 combo for $340 which isn't too far out of the ballpark for me. My tools and workspace are limited so I'd rather stay away from too much butchering. Looking for more of a bolt on and run scenario if possible. Picked up a 100c 6400mah batt. For some more punch . My lhs informed me that would make a considerable difference in acceleration but not top speed. I am looking to create mayhem UP TO around 60 mph or so. But I am open to any and all suggestions!! Thank you so much for what you've already posted! Keep em coming!

Just my 2 cents. If not going for 100mph plus, there is no need to change anything on the Infraction.

18T pinion is good for 60-62mph
21T = 69-70mph
27t = 80-82 mph
35t = I am hitting 93mph with it

So unless you want to go over 95-100mph I wouldn't change anything
Thanks for this info. I am really trying to figure out what system I want to run. I have a MM2 ESC but no motor. I bash and do an occasional speed run. Is it safe to bash with the 21T pinion?

Thanks for this info. I am really trying to figure out what system I want to run. I have a MM2 ESC but no motor. I bash and do an occasional speed run. Is it safe to bash with the 21T pinion?
Yep. I haven't seen any issues on extended bashing with the 21T pinion

I’m putting a max6 in my infraction. Everything else is stock but I been wondering what gearing to use. I mostly just speed around big parking lots and drift but no speed runs yet although I’d want to be able to do that. What do you guys suggest?

Just my 2 cents. If not going for 100mph plus, there is no need to change anything on the Infraction.

21T = 69-70mph
27t = 80-82 mph

27t.. do you run into any overheating issues? should i have fans on the stock motor?

21T = 69-70mph
27t = 80-82 mph

are you going to run into heat temp issues with a 27t, drifting? should i upgrade to a double fan or a single nrt fan? just want to be able to have a good time with no heat issues, not trying to hit 100 mph. just fun.

Last edited:
27t.. do you run into any overheating issues? should i have fans on the stock motor?

are you going to run into heat temp issues with a 27t, drifting? should i upgrade to a double fan or a single nrt fan? just want to be able to have a good time with no heat issues, not trying to hit 100 mph. just fun.
You do not bash on the 27T. This pinion is for speed runs only. Stick to the 18T.
Yeah racing dual fans work fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back