Outcast Motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noco87

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
So wanting to upgrade my motor and esc and saw the max 5 combo with the 56113 motor . Specs on the outcast says it can hold up too 56110 . So I assume it would rub on my steering linkage , what would you guys suggest for a motor upgrade ? Let me know thanks ?

Honestly the stock motor is great and runs cooler than a big block. With a 25t it will stupid fast . My suggestion is to upgrade the esc with max5 or something similar.

Highly suggest staying away from leapord and rc juice. Mine has a very bad play on the shaft and is been ran 2-3 times. RC juice customer service is awful with no help at all.

If you want a big can motor go with 780kv spektrum and you get a awesome warranty with no question asked replacement.

Highly suggest staying away from leapord and rc juice. Mine has a very bad play on the shaft and is been ran 2-3 times. RC juice customer service is awful with no help at all.

If you want a big can motor go with 780kv spektrum and you get a awesome warranty with no question asked replacement.

that’s a 56113 can , outcast can hold up to 56110

I ran a hobbystar 4076 in a 15 pound revo on 6s geared for 65mph on some proline trencher X’s. Nah it’s not a godsend I’m not gonna say it was “oh the bestest motor I’ve ever had what a great piece of equipment” but I will say this. It was a decent motor that performed well. It’s no hotrod old school Neu- Castle motor, but I paid like $55 for it at the time, never serviced the bearings at all, ran through snow dirt sand and water, took the motor above 200f many times, and it finally died after about a year and a half of service. I feel like I got my money’s worth.

I ran a hobbystar 4076 in a 15 pound revo on 6s geared for 65mph on some proline trencher X’s. Nah it’s not a godsend I’m not gonna say it was “oh the bestest motor I’ve ever had what a great piece of equipment” but I will say this. It was a decent motor that performed well. It’s no hotrod old school Neu- Castle motor, but I paid like $55 for it at the time, never serviced the bearings at all, ran through snow dirt sand and water, took the motor above 200f many times, and it finally died after about a year and a half of service. I feel like I got my money’s worth.
Outcast 8s weights 25lbs so is probably want something bigger .

Outcast 8s weights 25lbs so is probably want something bigger .
I was saying that as my experience for the hobbystar brand lol.
Oh gotcha , I’ll give them a look too thank you

Does anyone have a outcast 8s and also a kraton 8s and can do some measurements ?

If I’m not mistaken, the part where the motor mounts is the same dimensions on both units. ...

I believe the kraton 8s says that it can only hold a 56110 too. ??‍♂️

I know that the 56113 is a snug shoehorn fit into the k8s too.

I had to shave my side guard in order to get the front screw in. A lot of people just leave the front screw out and the 56113 barely clears the steering linkage ????

And for only a few $ more... I was going to go with the 780 Spektrum but got a deal on a 2028. With that said I’ve had an issue with a Leopard motor but they do seem to be hit or miss.

6342683A-0079-48C4-A473-1B128DCB748B.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back