Big Rock Motor upgrade???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockPzyk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Ok I got a over kill esc 150 spek , only cause it was great deal , wanted to upgrade motor for some more torque, and potential 4s. I have a 2050kv but that's really a 6s motor and if I am just putting 3s to it will it really make any difference other than me having to try and adjust pinion to make stock speed . Would a 2400 to 2800kv motor be better for this vehicle, the 4s kraton/outcast motor looks nice. Has anyone run a T.P. , what's your guys favorite motor to upgrade to. Can I get more response and torque and speed with a better motor and proper gearing.

I have the stock 4s 2400 and am running it with the stock 15 tooth and it’s too fast on 4s. I can’t even mash the gas or it just flips. I like it in the air, it flips so fast and has a lot of control. It has killer torque right now. On 3s it’s a little slow so I was thinking of changing the pinion to 17 tooth to see if that helps . Mines a granite but it’s close

Tp are great so far for me .got 2. Cheap ol 4068-2650kv or 2670-2850 kv. Will rip on 3s with 17-20T.4S WOULD BE UNCONTROLLABLE

Running the 150amp ESC/2050kv on 3s even 4s is fine. Try starting there if you have the motor and lipos in hand anyway. The 2050kv will still have plenty much torque for your rig. Even gear it up no issue and will still run cool. :cool:

Awsome, I was worried it was to much motor , and with the spektrum telemetry I can use different motors I believe and still read my temps and rpms. I bought most of this stuff for another build but want try everything out. I also want research other products like I know the use sensored motors in brushed and brushless stuff. So much stuff to learn. And I agree that 4s would be little much the brcc is a beast in stock fourm glad I went arrma. Once again i ask a question and get great info thanks again arrma family 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back