Senton Motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate7504

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a senton blx 3s and the stock spectrum motor totally seized up? After 2 days, the hobby shop will replace it for free with the same or I can pay the difference for something better, what would be a direct bolt in motor? Something more reliable? Thanks

I've been seeing this a lot lately. Odors going out days after getting the rig. I have a sentkn as well and bigrock both of which I've seen this happen too but mine are still right as rain. Wonder if a bad batch came out? My bigrock is from December and senton about a month th ago. Strange. But I would definitely take the replacement and do the above stated changing out the bearing. Didnt mean to rant lol im just finding it weird this keeps happening 🤔

Must be a bad batch..... no problems with ours so far..... take the freebie motor with above recommended bearings...... sorry this happened ..... Definitely not a long term common occurrence....

Yeah I love the truck, the hobby shop has only the arrma blx3660 in stock. Is that the same as the spectrum stock motor? An older version?
Expect the same performance?

The BLX V3 comes with a spectrum firma BLX3660 3200 Kv brushless motor......

Yep, they would be replacing the stock from the factory motor with one that is identical.....

And identical to what my wife has in her Senton.

Just a suggestion, go ahead and let the hobby shop switch out your motor, and if you want to, get some engine bearings ordered, and here's the main part.......

In the meantime, take it out and have some fun 👌😎
If you are looking to increase the performance you could look into increasing the punch level and the speed control, instructions on how to do that are in the owner's manual. I would suggest going from the stock setting to increasing it by one or two at the most, and get used to the new characteristics not that it would be super dramatic. If you want to increase performance more, you could look up some of the threads about some potential different gearing options that others have found to be successful.

Was just wondering, what are the specifications on the batteries you are using? As in the c rating........ If it's below 50 you may want to consider 50 or higher, as this determines the amount of battery juice that becomes available to your motor, the higher the number the more juice is available when you smash the throttle.

They ended up giving me a blx 3668 motor, it’s 2400kv so I turned the punch up one notch too 4, so I believe this motor is slightly “slower”and keep in mind I have been out of this hobby for probably 25 years, my last ex was a traxxas nitro street! And there was no brushless motors only brushed and I believe modified brushed? Any way I’m learning and really appreciate the responses! I’m having a ton of fun.
Oh but I did order the original spectrum one from Amazon for 89$ I’m thinking I got a bad one originally in the truck, the guy took it apart and said the front bearing failed

The BLX V3 comes with a spectrum firma BLX3660 3200 Kv brushless motor......

Yep, they would be replacing the stock from the factory motor with one that is identical.....

And identical to what my wife has in her Senton.

Just a suggestion, go ahead and let the hobby shop switch out your motor, and if you want to, get some engine bearings ordered, and here's the main part.......

In the meantime, take it out and have some fun 👌😎
If you are looking to increase the performance you could look into increasing the punch level and the speed control, instructions on how to do that are in the owner's manual. I would suggest going from the stock setting to increasing it by one or two at the most, and get used to the new characteristics not that it would be super dramatic. If you want to increase performance more, you could look up some of the threads about some potential different gearing options that others have found to be successful.

Was just wondering, what are the specifications on the batteries you are using? As in the c rating........ If it's below 50 you may want to consider 50 or higher, as this determines the amount of battery juice that becomes available to your motor, the higher the number the more juice is available when you smash the throttle.
It’s a 30c 3s spektrum battery

It’s a 30c 3s spektrum battery
If/when you buy a battery in the future, consider 50c or above....I have 50c and 70c.....can tell a bit of difference between the 2.....you will too....give yourself a little time to get back into. The swing of things.....100c isn’t too much....(doubt there is such a thing)

Hello, I just bought a senton blx 3s and the stock spectrum motor totally seized up? After 2 days, the hobby shop will replace it for free with the same or I can pay the difference for something better, what would be a direct bolt in motor? Something more reliable? Thanks
You had more luck dan me.
My bearings gave up after the second pack.
After replacing it took one pack.
Now I have the metal spur and other bearings. At this time no problems anymore, at least with the motor. There is always another issue that comes up, the senton is a problem child.
But he's awesome too drive, when he drives 🚗

If/when you buy a battery in the future, consider 50c or above....I have 50c and 70c.....can tell a bit of difference between the 2.....you will too....give yourself a little time to get back into. The swing of things.....100c isn’t too much....(doubt there is such a thing)
Jon, what are your favorite batteries? 3s and 2s (if you have a fav 2s one). I just went from a basic 50c to Zee 80c and yup, noticed a difference.

Whew.....that's a subject......everyone has preferences.....some swear by high dollar bricks, others want as; inexpensive as they can find.....

I tend to go middle of the road....

I have had decent results with Zeee and HRB

Whew.....that's a subject......everyone has preferences.....some swear by high dollar bricks, others want as; inexpensive as they can find.....

I tend to go middle of the road....

I have had decent results with Zeee and HRB
Middle of the road works well. Thanks!!

Back