motor upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boohoo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi im looking for motor options for the typhon. Have tried the stock blx and hobbywing 2200kv. Going to be trying a leopard 4082 2000kv soon but after some other options.mainly used for larger open fields with larger pinions. Looking for something a bit overkill

HW 4985 1650kv and a Max6 will do the trick
IMG_0960.PNG

IMG_9641.JPG

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/collections/1-8th/products/max6-combos?variant=18438418104435

generally the bigger motors will have lower kv. You have to gear them up. I run mine with a 20t pinion. Motor kv is 1650. I can hardly keep the rubber on the wheels. It is the most violent rc I ever owned, scary thing is I could easily gear it up a tooth or two.

I've been running the 4985 with a 22 tooth pinion and I'm in the process of switching out the 50 tooth spur for the 46 tooth from the Infraction. It's probably gonna be a little hot with the outside temps in the 90's but it should be perfect for fall/winter temps. I don't mind taking a cool down break half pack if it'll put me solidly in the 80's for speed.
IMG_0961.JPG

I've been running the 4985 with a 22 tooth pinion and I'm in the process of switching out the 50 tooth spur for the 46 tooth from the Infraction. It's probably gonna be a little hot with the outside temps in the 90's but it should be perfect for fall/winter temps. I don't mind taking a cool down break half pack if it'll put me solidly in the 80's for speed.
View attachment 44130
You sir are nuts! And I applaud you! LOL!

I'm fully content with 50mph. I get in enough trouble with that kind of speed!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back